Johnson Electric (JE) is excited to announce that we are now recruiting for an Mechanical Engineer- Mechatronics for our Vandalia, OH location. This person will have responsibility within the organization to contribute to mechatronic design and analysis, to develop application expertise in the solenoid systems space, and to deliver new technology using sound engineering and physics principles based in analytical engineering practices.
This position allows for a flexible schedule to include a partially remote work environment.
- Design of mechatronic actuation systems for a multitude of application spaces including automotive, locking systems, material handling (automation), and medical devices.
- Design of both mechanical and electrical/electronic aspects of electromagnetic actuators including 3D CAD modeling, simple electrical and PCB design, manufacturability, and reliability; taking the project from ideation to production.
- Prototypes concepts and develops design of experiment to validate concepts and ensures performance will meet the customer requirements.
- Creates test plans for products or components with a solid understanding of reliability and failure mechanisms.
- Collaboration across the disciplines of mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, analytical engineering, process engineering, as well as production and commercial business teams. Work with these teams for design reviews, meeting cost metrics, and brainstorming around customer pain points.
- Involved in customer interface to uncover both explicit and implicit needs and helps to convert those needs into technology-based solutions.
- Develops an understanding of the industry and applies it to build forward thinking technologies.
- Travel 10%
- Experience with electromagnetic actuator design including reliability, manufacturability, and cost.
- Intermediate knowledge of mechanical, electrical, and manufacturing engineering principles. Basic knowledge of electromagnetics and electronics application, theory, and design.
- SolidWorks (or similar) experience with modeling and finite-element analysis, preference given to experience with ANSYS. Experience with design of basic electrical systems (windings, connectors, lead wire requirements, passive components), preference given to experience with Altium (or similar) for more complex electronics system designs.
- Experience in engaging with customers and developing technology tightly coupled to customer needs and pain points.
- Skilled in building working relationships with all levels of personnel both inside and outside the organization.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills specifically in technical report writing and communicating complex technical topics with other engineers.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (EE, ME, or similar) and 3+ years applicable industry experience or advanced engineering (EE, ME, or similar) degree (MS or PhD) and 1+ years applicable industry experience.
JE offers talented employee’s exceptional opportunities to learn and grow professionally with rewarding careers. We offer a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, prescription plan, vision, disability coverage, life insurance coverage, 401K match, and holiday/vacation benefits.
Johnson Electric is a global leader in motion products, control systems and flexible interconnects. We serve a broad range of industries including automotive, building automation and security, business machines, defense and aerospace, food and beverage, home technologies, HVAC, industrial equipment, medical devices, personal care, power equipment and power tools.
Established in 1959, Johnson Electric ships its products to more than 30 countries for use in hundreds of different product applications. Innovation and product design centers are in Hong Kong, China, Switzerland, Germany, Italy, Israel, France, Canada, UK and USA. We employ more than 40,000 employees and subcontract workers in over 23 countries.
About Advantage xPO
Advantage xPO is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of race, color, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, medical condition, genetic information, mental and physical disability, political affiliation, union membership, status as a parent, military or veteran status or other non-merit based factors. We will provide reasonable accommodations throughout the application, interviewing and employment process. If you require a reasonable accommodation, contact us. Advantage xPO is an E-Verify employer. This policy is applicable to all phases of the employment relationship, including hiring, transfers, promotions, training, terminations, working conditions, compensation, benefits, and other terms and conditions of employment.
All employees are directed to familiarize themselves with this policy and to act in accordance with it. All decisions with respect to employment matters and other phases of employer-temporary employee relationships will be in keeping with this policy and in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations.
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Solid Works (Cad)
- Finite Element Methods
- 3 D Modeling