ALS provides a broad range of testing and analytical services to a wide variety of end markets and industries around the globe. We continue to remain at the forefront of the testing services industry, building an enviable reputation. ALS provides a diversified line of independent analytical services to a wide range of top-tier customers in the pharmaceutical, nutraceutical, environmental, and food industries. Our diverse laboratories perform routine and specialty analytical testing for compliance, safety, certification and verification purposes.
The primary purpose of this position is to receive and process samples from outside clients as well as field personnel.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Desire to work in an administrative position in a laboratory setting.
- Detail oriented – able to accurately interpret and transcribe information from a client chain of custody into the laboratory computer system.
- Good typing / data entry skills.
- Familiarity with chemical symbols and general scientific terminology.
- Have a demonstrated ability to communicate well in English, both verbal and written.
- Ability to multi-task and work as part of a team.
- Proven ability to learn new concepts quickly.
- Basic knowledge of EPA methodologies
- High School Diploma and some college level courses in a science curriculum are required.
- A Bachelor of Science in Chemistry or a related field or previous laboratory experience is preferred.
- Able to take ownership for meeting goals and objectives; willing to be accountable for own decisions, and willing to give 100%. Look for new ways to accomplish objectives.
- English verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate with clients, staff and management.
- Multi-tasked, organized, detail oriented, and possesses problem solving capabilities; will have good time management capabilities.
- Self-motivated and self-directed; able to work independently.
- The ability to stand for intervals of up to 8 hours while working.
- Ability to lift up to 40lbs on a regular basis.
- Able to speak and hear clearly while communicating with co-workers and managers.
- Dexterity in hands and fingers to operate equipment and handle glassware.
- Must have average vision and able to see to read reports and operate equipment.
- Hearing and speech to communicate in person and over the telephone.
We would like to thank everyone for their interest in ALS but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
'ALS is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to achieving and maintaining a workforce which reflects and affirms the diversity of our society'
ALS is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
EOE AA Minority, Female, Veteran, Individuals with Disabilities
Click URL blocked - click to apply to view the EEO is the Law poster
Click URL blocked - click to apply to view the FMLA Law poster
Click URL blocked - click to apply to view the EPPA Law Poster
Click URL blocked - click to apply to view the Pay Transparency Provision
Click URL blocked - click to apply to view company E-Verify Participation Poster
Attention To Detail