Customer Service Specialist AdventHealth Medical Group
AdventHealth Primary Care Lawrence
4912 W 18th Street
Lawrence, KS 66047
Top Reasons To Work At AdventHealth Shawnee Mission
- Received Magnet® recognition from the American Nurses Credentialing Center in January 2019
- Providing faith-based, whole person care to Kansas City since 1962
- Excellent health benefits, an onsite child care center and fitness facility
- Tuition reimbursement to support continuing education
- Employee Referral Program
- Largest health care provider in Johnson County with three campuses
Part Time Days
20 hours a week
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Schedule patient appointments in software as trained following scheduling procedures and standards.
- Check in/out patients, accurately validating insurance and collecting pertinent copays, and deductibles and having patients complete paperwork.
- Performs a daily reconciliation of payments and adjustments posted against sign-in sheet, encounter forms, and Athena correcting any discrepancies prior to daily close.
- May prepares bank deposits on a daily basis.
- Current knowledge of ICD-9 and CPT-4 coding applications.
What You Will Need:
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Up to 1 Year of Experience
The Customer Service Specialist is an accountable member of a patient care team. Accountable for clerical and supportive functions which contribute to the smooth operation of interoffice systems generated by patient care activities. Responsibilities may include answering incoming phone calls, greeting individuals coming into the department, checking patients in via the computer, collecting applicable co-pay, deductibles and/or coinsurance amounts from patients; post payments; scheduling appointments and/or follow-up appointments; making new patient folders
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
- Child Care
- Customer Service
- Health Care
- Icd 9