Pactiv Evergreen Inc. (NASDAQ: PTVE) is a leading manufacturer and distributor of fresh foodservice and food merchandising products and fresh beverage cartons in North America and certain international markets. It supplies its products to a broad and diversified mix of companies, including full service restaurants and quick service restaurants, foodservice distributors, supermarkets, grocery and healthy eating retailers, other food stores, food and beverage producers, food packers and food processors. To learn more about the company, please go to the company website at pactivevergreen.com.
St. Charles is a city in DuPage and Kane counties in the state of Illinois. It lies roughly 40 miles west of Chicago on Illinois Route 64. As of the 2010 census the population was 32,974, and as of 2019 the population had decreased to an estimated 32,887.
The plant was built in 1969, manufactures Paper Cartons and Cups, and has approximately 200 employees. It is proud to have received the Environmental Excellence Award for 6 years in a row.
Pactiv Evergreen is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Pactiv Evergreen is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age national origin, physical or mental disability, genetic information, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics or statuses protected by law. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please call
or email [ Email address blocked ] - Click here to apply to Plant Human Resources Manager
All information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines and applicable laws. Responsibilities
- Typically supports a group of 250+.
- Provide functional/operational human resources guidance through planning, organizing and controlling the activities of the Human Resources Department in support of the assigned client group.
- Serve as functional resource for employee base, ensuring their understanding and compliance with benefit and HR policies and regulations.
- Keep management advised of potential problem areas and recommend/implement solutions as appropriate.
- Evaluate reports, decisions, and results of client group in relation to established goals.
- Recommend new approaches, policies, and procedures to support continual improvement.
- Plan, organize, and manage all activities of the HR Dept.
- Participate in the development and implementation of client group's goals, objectives and systems.
- Manage recruitment effort for all exempt, non-exempt, and hourly employees; monitor recruitment program; employee relations counseling; performance planning.
- Manage/maintain records related to same.
- Manage and maintain department records and reports.
- Actively participate in client group and HR projects and meetings.
- Typically manages 1-2 direct reports.
- May manage vendor relationships.
- BA/BS degree preferred in Human Resources or related area.
- 5-7 years of experience as HR Generalist, preferably in a manufacturing environment.
- Industry/manufacturing knowledge.
- Knowledge of applicable state, federal, local employment/labor laws and regulations.
- Ability to communicate effectively across all levels within org.
- Proficient in MS Office and Lotus Notes.
- SAP experience highly desirable.