Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Registered Nurses in the Optum at Home program work with patients primarily in their home setting. They perform as part of a care team including a Nurse Practitioner, Behavioral Health Advocate, Care Navigator and other supporting team members. They deliver role appropriate patient care through in-home visits, telephonic outreach and consultations, and interdisciplinary team activities.
The Registered Nurse may perform care and counsel of the ill, injured, or infirm, in the promotion and maintenance of health with individuals, groups, or both throughout the life span. They help to manage health problems and coordinate health care for the Optum at Home patients in accordance with State and Federal rules and regulations and the nursing standards of care. This includes (but is not limited to) assessment of health status, development and implementation of plan of care, and ongoing evaluation of patient status and response to the plan of care. Clinical management is conducted in collaboration with other care team members.
- Reports to Clinical Services Manager
- Assess the health status of members as within the scope of licensure and with the frequency established in the model of care
- Establish goals to meet identified health care needs
- Plan, implement and evaluate responses to the plan of care
- Work collaboratively the multidisciplinary team to engage resources and strategies to address medical, functional, and social barriers to care
- Works closely with mental health clinicians to help bridge the gap between mental and physical health
- Consult with the patient’s PCP, specialists, or other health care professionals as appropriate
- Assess patient needs for community resources and make appropriate referrals for service
- Facilitate the patient’s transition within and between health care settings in collaboration with the primary care physician and other treating physicians
- Completely and accurately document in patient’s electronic medical record
- Provide patients and family members with counseling and education regarding health maintenance, disease prevention, condition trajectory and need for follow up as appropriate during each patient visit
- Verify and document patient and/or family understanding of condition, plan of care and follow up recommendations
- Actively participate in organizational quality initiatives
- Participate in collaborative multidisciplinary team meetings to optimize clinical integration, efficiency, and effectiveness of care delivery
- Maintain credentials essential for practice, to include licensure, certification (if applicable) and CEUs
- Demonstrate a commitment to the mission, core values and goals of UnitedHealthcare and its healthcare delivery including the ability to integrate values of compassion, integrity, performance, innovation and relationships in the care provided to our members
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Current unrestricted licensure as RN in state of practice
- 2+ years of relevant experience
- Experience in assessing the medical needs of patients with complex behavioral, social and/or functional needs
- Ability to work with diverse care teams in a variety of settings including non-clinical settings (primarily patient homes)
- Ability to travel up to 75% of the time for field based work; valid driver’s license
- Strong computer skills, including use of Electronic Medical Records
- Effective time management and communication skills
UnitedHealth Group requires all new hires and employees to report their COVID-19 vaccination status.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Registered Nurse Case Manager, RN, Optum at Home, OAH, Case Manager, Georgia, GA, Waycross