Requisition ID: 110901
Job Level: Senior Level
Department: Design Engineering
Employment Type: Full Time
Kiewit Infrastructure Engineering (KIE) has an immediate opening for a dynamic Senior Bridge Engineer in our growing Design Engineering Group. You will be part of our rapidly growing Infrastructure Design Department, which includes bridge, geotechnical, MOT, civil, drainage, roadway, rail, traffic, and materials disciplines, is a multi-faceted and leading-edge division of Kiewit with best-in-class technical expertise focused on the design-build delivery of infrastructure projects.
Kiewit Infrastructure Engineering's Design Build Management team are driving clients to turn to Kiewit during all stages of design-build projects to manage their multi-disciplined design teams to improve schedule, control costs and minimize risk. Our construction-driven engineers analyze root causes and resolve design issues before they impact schedule and budget. Particularly on large design-build projects, clients benefit from the proven processes and tools used by Kiewit to minimize project risk. We are an in-house resource that supports projects throughout the company. Our staff shares experiences gained, innovative concepts, and design best practices for all projects that we support.
Our participation leads to safe, cost effective, and innovative designs that achieve client expectations and further Kiewit’s legacy of excellence.
On our team, you’ll have the opportunity to see more, touch more, and do more than you ever imagined. Working hard will not only bring you satisfaction from a job well done, but it will help propel your career forward faster than you might expect. We will train you, develop your skills, and allow you to take on projects that impact millions across North America. With top-notch health benefits, a wealth-building 401k plan, and unbeatable growth opportunities, by joining Kiewit, you’re ensuring a lifetime of success.
This role will be based out of Kiewit’s Federal Way, WA (Seattle Metro area) office.
• Lead a bridge and structures team and perform engineering design tasks and coordinate with CADD teams in developing plans, specifications, and estimates for final design of bridges of all types.
• Participate in innovation sessions for upcoming design build projects.
• Develop task scopes, schedules, and budgets for design deliverables for structural designs.
• Identify and understand technical requirements of design projects and implement engineering principles to develop solutions.
• Develop design criteria, determine need for and establish project-specific design criteria.
• Provide technical reviews at the conceptual and final design stages of project development\Perform interdisciplinary reviews for coordination with other design disciplines and compliance with contract documents.
• Lead technical meetings and discussions; strategize solutions to complex or unique technical problems.
• Identify technical differentiators and develop schemes for key project pursuits.
• Master’s degree or greater in Civil Engineering with a Structural Emphasis
• 12+ years’ experience in relevant structural engineering design.
• Registration as a Structural Engineer in Washington.
• Strong all-around theoretical knowledge of structural engineering principles.
• Experience with the design of multiple bridge types including complex structures.
• Experience with Design-Build or other alternative delivery methods, preferred.
• Experience with seismic design and analysis, preferred.
• Preferred experience with engineering design software, i.e. programs such as CSiBridge, MIDAS, PGSuper, etc.
• Experience with AASHTO LRFD, AISC, ACI, and other North American design codes.
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
• Strong people skills and an ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team environment.
• Ability to travel as business requires.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Engineering Design Process