To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Tempe, AZ
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Supervisor II, Manufacturing
Benchmark Electronics, Inc. • Tempe, AZ
Posted 27 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Job ID(Requisition ID):
Precision Technologies, a division of Benchmark Electronics, Inc. in Tempe, AZ, has an extensive capability in mechanical manufacturing. Our customers are leading Original Equipment Manufacturers who require exacting precision mechanical production capabilities. Our product lines include Aerospace, Healthcare Scientific Instrumentation, and complex electro-mechanical equipment. Our Capabilities Include:
• Precision CNC 5-Axis Milling and Turning
• Precision 5-Axis Grinding of Aerospace Turbine Engine Nozzles and Blades
• Close Tolerance (Micron level) Instrumentation Grinding
• Electrical Discharge Machining (EDM) NADCAP approved
• Complex Electro-Mechanical assembly and test (Class 1K & 10K clean room)
• Functional testing
• Medium to Large Coordinate Measuring Capabilities The Manufacturing Supervisor II position assigns and coordinates activities of workers engaged in assembling, testing, and inspecting assemblies and subassemblies in a cleanroom environment
Essential Functions and Competencies
• Communicates effectively, in both written and verbal formats.
• Effectively mentors employees.
• Understands and uses continuous improvement tools.
• Drives solutions to planning issues with direction from senior management.
• Supports a 24/7 global business operation as required.
• Effective analytical, planning, and organizational skills.
• Effective interpersonal skills with employees and customers.
• Effective problem solving skills.
• Demonstrates discretion, confidentiality, independent judgment, and professionalism when representing the company.
• Demonstrates leadership and people management skills.
• Demonstrates teamwork and the ability to operate on diverse project teams with direction.
• Leads or participates in a continuous improvement activity with complete documentation including a follow up review with the team in a presentation format.
• Will demonstrate the ability to lead a small group through successful process improvement projects.
• See job analysis forms for specific physical stressors of the job.
• Able to operate a variety of automated/manual machines and hand tools used in electronic assemblies.
Qualifications / Education / Experience
• Analyzes production schedule and assigns jobs to line workers needed to meet delivery dates.
• Plans work assignments for group on basis of priority and worker skills.
• Assigns duties to workers and evaluates worker performance.
• Implements company policies and procedures.
• Examines product according to knowledge of manufacturing and quality standards to ensure acceptability.
• Reviews and compiles operations records such as yield, scrap, and maintenance costs.
• Reviews work orders, product specifications, technical instructions and facility requirements, requisition tools, equipment and supplies for section.
• Enters and verifies employees work time into system.
• Adapts easily to changing programs; flexible to do tasks assigned.
• Participates and/or leads Customer Support and Quality Improvement teams in order to continually improve product quality, improve thru put, and reduce downtime.
• Acts as a backup for the Production Manager as needed.
3 years electronics manufacturing experience, 2 years in a leadership role; experience in contract manufacturing preferred, cleanroom experience required
4 year degree or equivalent combination of education and experience as approved by executive management
Send this job to a friend
Send this job description to a friend by email. All the relevant details will be included in the message.
Attention Search Agencies
Please note that we are not accepting agency phone calls or referrals regarding position vacancies. Third parties should not submit resumes on this site or to Benchmark employees directly. If the decision is made to engage the services of a search agency, we only work with organizations on our preferred vendor list with whom we have a written agreement. If you would like to be considered for this list in the future please contact the local Human Resource office.