To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Waterbury, VT
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Barista Cafe Associate SUMMER SEASONAL
Keurig Dr Pepper • Waterbury, VT
Posted 25 days ago
Barista/Café Associates - Part Time Seasonal
Barista/Café Associates provide a world-class experience to our visitors. Associates spend the day forming positive relationships with our guests by acting as Green Mountain Coffee Roasters brand advocates, brewing coffee and making specialty drinks, providing tourist information for the Waterbury community and surrounding areas, as well as actively participating in a team environment ensuring all guests have a world-class experience. Barista/Café Associates are the face of Green Mountain Coffee Roasters and representatives of the Waterbury community.
This position is part-time with an average of 20-29 hours per week. Weekends and holidays are a must.
The seasonal position will last between May and October of 2019.What you will do:
- Brew coffee and make specialty drinks to exacting standards. Maintain and clean all coffee related equipment, café and retail areas, front-of-the-house and back-of-the-house areas.
- Answer coffee related, Keurig Dr Pepper, train station, and community questions as required.
- Answer the cafe phone and provide product information as well as directions to visitors.
- Check out customers using a POS (point-of-sale) system and follow all company procedures while handling money.
- Act as a host, guiding guests through the Visitor Center and sharing knowledge about Green Mountain Coffee Roasters, Waterbury, and the state of Vermont.
- Develop knowledge of all processes and procedures performed by the Café and Visitor Center.
- Acquire and maintain an in depth understanding of all Keurig products, programs and services.
- Easily navigate to and gather information from the internet, the company intranet, gmcr.com, and keurig.com.
- Prioritize multiple tasks in a fast paced environment in a positive manner with attention to detail.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
Characteristics for Success
- Possess advanced customer service skills; previous barista, retail, or café/restaurant experience is a plus.
- Possess and demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to get along with others, be punctual, and follow instructions.
- Ability to follow KDP policies and procedures as well as our Values.
- Ability to perform repetitive motion.
- Ability to work flexible hours including weekends, holidays and special Visitor Center events
- Ability to lift 30 pounds on a regular basis and 50 pounds occasionally
- Ability to constantly lift, bend, stretch and stand during the entire shift
- Ability to frequently kneel, squat, stoop, twist, and reach overhead
Company Overview & EEO Statement
Keurig Dr Pepper (KDP) is a leading coffee and beverage company in North America with dual headquarters in Burlington, MA and Plano, TX, with annual revenue in excess of $11 billion. KDP holds leadership positions in soft drinks, specialty coffee and tea, water, juice and juice drinks and mixers, and markets the #1 single serve coffee brewing system in the U.S. The Company maintains an unrivaled distribution system that enables its portfolio of more than 125 owned, licensed and partner brands to be available nearly everywhere people shop and consume beverages. With a wide range of hot and cold beverages that meet virtually any consumer need, KDP key brands include Keurig®, Dr Pepper®, Green Mountain Coffee Roasters®, Canada Dry®, Snapple®, Bai®, Mott’s® and The Original Donut Shop®. The Company employs more than 25,000 employees and operates more than 120 offices, manufacturing plants, warehouses and distribution centers across North America.
Benefits built for you: Our people are the heart of our business, which is why we offer robust benefits to support your health and wellness as well as your personal and financial well-being. We also provide employee programs designed to enhance your professional growth and development while ensuring you feel valued, inspired and appreciated at work.
Keurig Dr Pepper Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and affirmatively seeks diversity in its workforce. Keurig Dr Pepper Inc. recruits qualified applicants and advances in employment its employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability, genetic information, ethnic or national origin, marital status, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Candidates must be able to pass a background check and drug test, as applicable for the role.