- Develops, gains consensus for, and implements the Management Plan for assigned assets.
- Assist in completing the Management Audit.
- Supports Leasing Specialist in the preparation of lease and/or rental agreements and is responsible for lease administration process. Assist in managing tenant option rights and information.
- Employs or contracts for onsite management and engineering personnel, as delineated within the operating budget, management plan and/or management services agreement.
- Competitively bids and prepares all service contracts to assure high quality and cost effective services.
- Identify and initiate process improvements for all current property systems.
- Oversees completion of monthly, quarterly, and annual owner’s reports.
- Prepare and/or review the annual jurisdictional forms and filings as required.
- Prepares the final budget documentation (i.e., explanatory notes.) Plans and administers budget for the office building(s).
- Works with Client Accounting Services (CAS) in Westmont, IL to manage the accounting process and directs on-site bookkeeping functions and collection process.
- Prepares and/or reviews adjustments to tenant billing process.
- Reviews and approves all accounts payable, ensuring accurate general ledge coding and property allocations.
- Prepares and/or reviews financial statements and reports on status of office buildings such as occupancy rates and dates of expiration of leases.
- Prepares and/or reviews financial reports for client on monthly, quarterly and annual basis complying with requirements in management services agreement, with copy to the Group Manager.
CLIENT | TENANT SERVICES
- Arranges for alterations to, or maintenance, upkeep, or reconditioning of facilities as specified in the operating budget, management plan and/or management services agreement and of leased premises as dictated by lessee's agreement.
- Maintains role as a secondary contact for tenants relative to tenant service requests.
- Proactively meets with tenant representatives on scheduled basis.
- Oversees Tenant Guide for property and services.
- Prepares and/or reviews periodic inventory of building contents and property condition, and forwards listing to client for review.
- Develop and implement a tenant retention program.
- Cross-sells all Jones Lang LaSalle services.
- Establishes written goals and objectives for employees directly reporting to the role of general manager. Conducts periodic formal and informal performance evaluations.
- Develops training program and career path for property employees.
- Assures succession planning.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Associates or Bachelor degree required and advanced degree, a plus.
- Minimum of seven (7) years of commercial real estate or property management experience
- Must have at least three (3) to four (4) year experience at managing people; specifically a staff of three (3) or more.
- Experience in budget preparation/financial reporting, familiarity with building systems, lease negotiation, documentation and administration.
CERTIFICATIONS AND LICENSES
- LEED AP/Accreditation required within the first six months of assuming the position. Must maintain active accreditation once earned.
- Real Estate license required within the first six months of assuming the position. Must maintain active license once earned.
- CPM and/or RPA designation, desirable.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
COMMUNICATION SKILLS: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret legal documents (lease documents, claims of lien, etc.)
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from senior level management, clients, customers, peers and the general public.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, prorations, percentages, basic calculation of measurement of rent, parking fees, late fees, and volume.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to solve practical problems and deal with variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office/Suite, and any other software program or piece of technology identified as standard for Jones Lang LaSalle or requested by the Client.
PHYSICAL WORK REQUIREMENTS / CONDITIONS
In compliance with The American’s with Disabilities Act (ADA), the General Manager’s responsibilities are such that in order to perform the required work in a safe and satisfactory manner, the following minimum physical requirements apply:
- Is regularly required to sit for long periods of time.
- The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- Reading Video Display Terminals, order forms and other written documents.
- Lifting a minimum of thirty-five (35) pounds.
- Using and accessing stairwells during emergencies.
- Using keyboards for typing and computer input.
- Hearing, speaking and answering the office telephone system.
JLL Privacy Statement
When you visit JLL websites, JLL may collect information related to those visits, without you actively sending that information. This information may include, for example, the internet browser you are using, your access device’s operating system, the language in which that system presents information to you, your IP (Internet Protocol) address, the web search that took you to the JLL website, the web pages and advertisements displayed to you, and the links you click on.
For additional details please see URL blocked - click to apply or our career site pages for each country.
For employees in the United States, please view our Equal Opportunity and Information Security disclaimers URL blocked - click to apply
Customer Relationship Management
Provide Actionable Feedback