Eurofins Genomics is searching for a Laboratory Synthesis Chemical Operator in Louisville, Kentucky
Description: The Laboratory Synthesis Chemical Operator (LSCO) is responsible for the safe operation of oligonucleotide synthesizers and all activities supporting the operation of synthesizer machines and related activities within the synthesis room. This includes but is not limited to working with hazardous chemical solvents and reagents, batching orders according to schedule, managing protocols and procedures, conducting preventative maintenance and calibrations on machines, and supporting continuous improvement efforts in area.
LSCO reports to the production manager and receives direction on daily schedule from the Shift Lead. The Laboratory Synthesis Chemical Operator is expected to take actions necessary to carry out the duties and responsibilities of the position, to measure and ensure quality systems are maintained, and to identify opportunities for improvement, so long as such action does not deviate from established company guidelines, is consistent with sound technical and business judgment, and follows the practices of the laboratory. Laboratory Synthesis Chemical Operator responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following
The ideal candidate would possess
- Safely handles organic chemical reagents required in oligonucleotide synthesis; including making of reagents, managing reagent levels, and transfer of chemical waste
- Uses LIMs system to batch product to machines and selects appropriate protocol for each product class
- Monitors synthesis progress and actively works to mitigate any risk of failed synthesis
- Identifies any deviations from basic machine condition and leads efforts to return to basic condition
- Maintains quality and efficiency in all assigned work processes and identifies opportunities for improvement.
- Troubleshoot minor issues with the equipment or immediately escalate major problems.
- Understands, follows, and completes documents relevant to responsibilities, e.g., Work Instructions, Checklists, Batch Records, Logs.
- Maintains accurate production records according to requirements and in compliance with established Quality System standards.
- Follows all company safety and regulatory policies, including handling hazardous materials and wearing of proper PPE (personal protective equipment) that are relative to assigned work.
- Is prepared to work overtime during shifts other than the one assigned or weekends if requested.
- Completes successfully all required training programs in a timely manner.
- Must be able to wear respirator for specific duties during the work day.
- Must be member of the spill team in house. Training provided.
- Works and communicates effectively with team members.
- Arrives to work on time and is dependable
Basic Minimum Qualifications
- Experience in an organic chemical laboratory or manufacturing facility
- Experience working with full face mask or half face respirator
- Previous experience working in an ISO-9000 or cGMP environment.
- Microsoft Windows and Excel proficiency.
- Previous experience working with Hazardous Chemicals.
- Ability to lift 35+ pounds.
- Bachelor's Degree in Chemistry/Engineering and/or experience as a chemical operator in manufacturing
- Must be comfortable working with organic chemicals
- Must be cleared and willing to wear a half- and full- face respirator without restrictions if required
- Proven ability to follow written and oral instructions.
- Ability to perform under pressure of a fast paced production environment.
- Proven ability to work well with a team with little supervision.
- Annual RCRA awareness training.
- Authorization to work in the United States indefinitely without restriction or sponsorship
Position is full-time, with overtime as needed, all three shifts are available! Candidates currently living within a commutable distance of Louisville Kentucky are encouraged to apply.
As a Eurofins employee, you will become part of a company that has received national recognition as a great place to work. We offer excellent full-time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, life and disability insurance, 401(k) with company match, paid holidays and vacation, personal days, and dental and vision options. To learn more about Eurofins, please explore our website
www.eurofinsus.com . Eurofins is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
Personal Protective Equipment
Resource Conservation And Recovery Act (Rcra)
Certified Global Meeting Planner