RemX has partnered with a durable medical equipment company in Philadelphia, PA to assist in their search for a Medical Billing Specialist. If you're interested in advancing your career with a growing company in the medical field, then this opportunity is for you! This is a contract-to-hire opportunity. Qualified candidates please submit your resume for immediate consideration.
Medical Billing Specialist Job Description:
- Gather and review medical documentation to ensure it is qualifying for coverage to ensure payment will be made
- Review daily billing before claims go electronically at night
- Work all denials/correspondence
- Submit reconsiderations to insurance and follow up timely
- Have thorough understanding of the assigned carriers' billing policy on all company products
- Process insurance changes
- Work EMC edits
- Work aged receivables
- Submit and monitor Prior Authorization requests if applicable for your payers
Medical Billing/Collections Representative Requirements:
- 1-3 years of experience in medical billing/AR
- DME experience is a plus but is not required
- Experience with commercial and private payers
- Denial claims experience
We are an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Please see above for qualifications for this position.
Maintain Indexed Record