Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the World
IT Technical Lead
The Technical Lead leads the application development team. As manager of the team, the Technical Lead holds the responsibility of implementing and upgrading system infrastructure and application software. The Technical Lead will mentor and nurture the team to build a collaborative environment where all inputs are valued and encouraged. The Technical Lead also interfaces with the client on all system development related matters. He or she offers suggestions and leads the way in implementing IT industry best practices.
- Fulfill requirements to maintain effective operational and human resource best practices, including recruiting assistance and strategic workforce planning
- Manage performance of individual team members by providing feedback and monitoring progress toward SMART goals
- Encourage healthy team culture capable of producing innovative, user driven solutions through regular interaction and activities that foster continuous improvement
- Break down large, strategic initiatives into manageable pieces of work to be assigned to the team, acting as a Scrum Master.
- Review newly developed features and fixes, via pull requests, code reviews, etc., to verify that the deliverables meet the client’s expectations prior to handing off to the testers
- Facilitate reliable releases that meet client’s release management requirements and monitor such releases to address any issues that arise.
- Oversee the health of server infrastructure to ensure stability of production environments and availability of lower environments as needed.
- Interface with Product Owners to assist with requirements and generation of the backlog
- Provide technical advisory services to the client to facilitate strategic decisions on operational and programmatic needs.
- Address compliance requirements regarding system security and accessibility, ensuring applications are maintained according to the United States federal Government regulations.
- Provide weekly and ad hoc updates to OTI regarding progress and activities.
- BS Degree in Computer science, Computer Engineering or a related field, OR additional work experience related to the duties of the position
- At least 10 years of overall IT experience
- At least 4 years of experience in system development
- Previous management experience including motivating and coaching team members, managing and evaluating performance, and holding crucial conversations
- Demonstrated experience supporting and managing IT projects to establish, monitor, manage and report key milestones and deliverables
- Experience communicating project status, daily task management and proactive issue tracking and resolution
- Emotional/social intelligence
- Ability to effectively give and receive feedback
- Organized and works well in a team setting. Open to feedback from others and gives honest non-judgmental feedback to others
- Proficiency with Agile development methodologies
- Understanding of cloud/infrastructure-as-a-service providers (Amazon Web Services) and related network concepts
- Understanding of content management systems (Drupal) including tradeoffs between off-the-shelf, contributed/open source, custom solutions
- Experience working in Linux/Apache/MySQL-MariaDB/PHP (LAMP) stack
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM)
- Experience managing tasks and deployments through online systems (Jira/Bitbucket, Github, or Gitlab) with continuous integration tools (Jenkins, Travis, CircleCI, Actions, etc.)
- Well versed in dependency managers and similar tooling (npm/yarn, composer, drush)
- Experience with automated testing (Jest, PHPUnit)
U.S. Citizenship is required; selected candidate must be able to qualify for a government sponsored security clearance.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear, and use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. The employee must occasionally lift or move up to 25 pounds.
PAE is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
[ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to IT Technical Lead
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Amazon Web Services
Lamp (Software Bundle)