Title: Inside Sales/Customer Service
Reports to: Director of Estimation
Full-Time, Salary/Exempt, Full Benefit Package
Primary Role: Responsible for providing quick response customer service sales based on incoming customer contacts. Pre and post sales support to Sales and Technical staff on electronic systems, quotations, product application. Accountable for being knowledgeable and articulate in the systems offered and supported.
1. Cordially and quickly respond to customers request for material quotes/sales.
2. Generate box sale (material only) quotes directly for customer in a timely manner.
3. Accurately process incoming orders.
4. Review the construction websites for bidding opportunities. Notify the Account Executive about any discovered opportunities.
5. Follow sales opportunities in Salesforce and set up tasks and events for the Account Executives to follow up on with bids.
6. Assist Sales to generate a comprehensive project description and scope of work for proposals.
7. Responsible for surveying the customer job site to obtain information on the system environment prior to bid finalization.
8. Provide Sales, Technical staff, and other internal and external customers with technical support on both a pre and post-sales basis.
9. Work with Project Engineer to develop a comprehensive set of system drawings and project documentation for assigned projects.
10. Assist with training internal technical and/or sales staff on new products and/or systems.
11. Actively participate in personal and professional development and maintain knowledge of current and new technologies that the company offers.
12. Comply with company policies, as well as health and safety issues.
13. Promote a team environment.
14. Other duties as required or assigned.
Accountability: Inside Sales will be accountable to the Director of Estimation. Secondary accountability will be to the other management team members, employees and customers of the company.
1. Inside Sales shall possess a two-year degree or related customer service experience.
2. Strong management and organizational skills required.
3. Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills and interpersonal skills.
4. Sales/Customer Service experience a plus.
5. Must possess an understanding of electronic systems, such as healthcare communications systems, paging systems, infant protection systems, real time locator systems, intercom systems, and TV distribution.
6. Must have the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and adjust to shifting priorities.
7. Must possess a strong sense of urgency.
Travel: Occasional out of town travel required.
Additional Skills and Abilities:
1. Must be responsible, self-motivated, self-starter, personable and well-organized.
2. Superior customer service skills to deal with both internal and external customers.
3. Strong interpersonal skills; ability to work with diverse groups.
4. Proficiency in the use of personal computers including such programs as MS Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Outlook.
5. Ability to demonstrate planning, organizing and implementing skills which allow the successful completion of a project by a specific due date.
6. Must be able to effectively handle stressful situations.
7. Must be able to read and effectively interpret general business documentation.
8. Valid and current drivers license.
Physical, Mental and Environmental Requirements:
1. Employee is required to stand, walk, climb, sit and use hands and fingers.
2. Some light lifting of objects is required.
3. Reaching, grasping and carrying activities also required.
4. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
5. Although most work is performed inside, occasional outside activities are subject to seasonal temperature fluctuations.
This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by supervisors or management to perform other instructions and duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description.
Management has the right to revise this description at any time. The job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason as outlined in the employee manual or other written agreement.