To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Washington, DC
- Ashfield Healthcare, Llc
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Pharmaceutical Sales Representative
Ashfield Healthcare LLC • Washington, DC
Posted 1 month ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Ashfield Healthcare has partnered with a world leading medical nutrition company and is seeking a Pediatric Specialty Sales Executive to have full responsibility and complete ownership for driving sales of the full portfolio within assigned accounts (children's hospitals, pediatric critical care prescribers, homecare (HC)) with a primary focus on selling specialized pediatric nutrition products in accordance with the US Pediatric Strategy and annual Pediatric Sales Plan. The role is responsible for growing business relationships with key decision makers and influencers and is responsible for focused detailing to specific targets with a carefully defined messaging strategy and call sequence, leveraging business and value solutions based on evidence and outcome data, supporting the pediatric platform.
- Meets/exceeds sales and profit objectives in assigned accounts. Set specific growth plans within assigned accounts utilizing WAS, territory, and routing plans.
- Meets/exceeds required in-patient pediatric prescriber call activity within accounts, as well as out-patient pediatric prescriber call activity within the community of the assigned geography, effectively driving pediatric platform sales.
- Contribute to meeting/exceeding national pediatric sales and profit objectives for all channels.
- Create and drive relationships within targeted accounts including higher-level stakeholders in order to gain buy-in for products within targeted accounts.
- Implement Protocols and Pathways for Nutrition for the pediatric specialty area.
- Considered a leader amongst the sales organization in pediatric clinical knowledge.
- Regularly shares sales best practices with the broader sales organization.
- Cultivates and leverages long term customer relationships including senior level relationships. Builds network of key advocates within assigned accounts. Attends key events which local pediatric nutrition leaders also attend.
- Understand the pediatric healthcare environment and appropriately execute the selling process in a manner that is concise, compliant, professional and persuasive; and which addresses a need and leads the customer to action.
- Demonstrate the ability to handle customer product questions and objections in a way that is consistent with sales training methodology.
- Assist in planning and execution of Pediatric Strategy & Action Plans developed by the Assoc. Director, Specialty Area Sales.
- Utilize the sales reporting systems on a regular basis for call preparation, to record and track sales activity and to gather market intelligence data.
- Organize meetings and deliver content to health care professionals on the topic of pediatric nutrition aligned with tangible account objectives and metrics as defined by the customer.
- Participate in NHS offered training and in strategic medical conventions and exhibits as needed to expand product, market and science knowledge particularly in pediatrics.
- Pediatric focused detailing to top pediatric prescribers to drive homecare and retail sales
- Up to 40% travel required
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Marketing or a Medical Science. MBA preferred.
- 5+ years medical/clinical selling experience in a hospital setting with demonstrated success in specialty medical products OR 5+ years combined experience in sales with demonstrated success and clinical experience.
- 2+ years proven sales success with pediatric critical care platform highly desired
- Experience developing and implementing protocols or clinical pathways that have successfully been adopted by customers.
- Ability to develop solid and long-standing business relationships with strategic/targeted customers.
- Medical/clinical selling experience in a hospital setting with demonstrated success selling to key decision makers including Hospitalists, Pediatric GIs, Transition of Care departments and Discharge Planners.
- Demonstrated success launching and re-launching pediatric or specialty medical products.
- Must be highly motivated, articulate, self-directed, and demonstrate excellent communication, organizational and problem solving skills.
- Computer literacy with advanced skills in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Experience with CRM software
Ashfield, part of UDG Healthcare plc, is a global leader in commercialization services for the healthcare industry. We partner with our clients across Advisory, Healthcare Communications, Commercial, Patient Solutions and Medical Affairs to build creative, scalable and tailored health solutions that are executed flawlessly, to deliver positive outcomes for patients and add value to your business.
Our mission is to partner with our clients, improving lives by helping healthcare professionals and patients get the medicines, knowledge and support they need.
To learn more about Ashfield, visit us at: http://www.ashfieldhealthcare.com/en/about-en/
Ashfield is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Individuals seeking employment at Ashfield are considered without regards to age, ancestry, color, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), mental or physical disability, national origin, protected family care or medical leave status, race, religion (including beliefs and practices or the absence thereof), sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. Further, pursuant to applicable local ordinances, Ashfield will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We appreciate your interest in Ashfield. Only qualified candidates will be considered.