Use your technical degree in a way you never thought possible! Join Stepan Company, a leading specialty chemical manufacturing company, as a Technical Sales Trainee in our Commercial organization. Relocation package available for those that live out of state.
As a trainee in our unique, rotational training program, you will:
* Shadow a high-performing Sales Representative
* Be your own Inside Sales Representative with a set of accounts to manage
* Further develop your technical knowledge by working on a technical project
* Understand the chemical industry and markets by completing a market study
* Build your business acumen as you help a Business Manager analyze their business
* Show your creative side and help launch and advertise a new product with our Marketing Team
* Connect with talented and fun employees who will offer career perspective
* Mentor college interns and teach back
Individuals chosen for this program will have a customized and extensive training program tailored to their experience level. Trainees will spend a minimum of 6 months with our Inside Sales Team, and eventually assume a Technical Sales position in one of our various Sales areas based on skill development, a readiness assessment, fit and potential openings. Candidates for this position must be willing to travel (5-10%) as a Trainee and based on their next assignment, may need to relocate within the U.S.
* Excellent verbal and written communications, and strong interpersonal skills
* Demonstrate a desire to learn and help solve problems
* Proficiency in full Microsoft Office suite, especially Excel and PowerPoint
* Ability to work independently, as well as in a highly collaborative team environment
* Ability to handle multiple responsibilities in a fast-paced environment
* Graduating Senior of 2023 in Bachelor's Degree, preferably in Chemical Engineering or Chemistry required
* Minor in Business, Economics, Finance, Sales, Management or Marketing a plus
Established in 1932, Stepan Company is a major manufacturer of basic and intermediate chemicals including surfactants, polymers, as well as specialty ingredients that go into consumer, household, and institutional products such as laundry detergents, shampoos, and surface cleaners. Stepan Company currently has 20 global manufacturing locations and over 2,000 employees. We have a strong record of growth. Our growth allows us to provide meaningful career opportunities and stability to our team members. We have big goals at Stepan and know every team member will be crucial to achieving our objectives. Regardless of function, we are looking for team members who bring with them a growth mindset, an entrepreneurial spirit, and the ability to thrive in an evolving environment.
We celebrate diversity at Stepan and are committed to creating a diverse, inclusive environment. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, disability, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
- Chemical Engineering
- Interpersonal Skills