To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
4000 International Parkway
Carrollton, TX 75007
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Software Support Engineer
Securus Technologies Inc • Carrollton, TX
Posted 4 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Provides system analysis for all SCP systems running on Windows and RedHat Enterprise Linux. The primary focus of this position is around the effectiveness and reliability of the SCP systems design. Building relationships with all of our internal and external customers is an important aspect for this position.
- Works with designated personnel to aid in providing proactive support for production SCP based applications.
- Diagnose and track assigned trouble tickets, triage production issues, document requirements back to development, and perform break fix in a system down situation.
- Problem resolution will require working with all members of IT Operations (Systems Administration, Database Administration, Network Administration) to help resolve or identify issues within our production environment.
- Helps maintain and administer our preproduction environment for SCP.
- SCP Production systems analysis.
- Subject matter expert for RedHat Enterprise Linux, Java, JBoss, Tomcat and open source products.
- Documentation of system designs and implementations.
- Stability of Supported Applications.
- SAN needs for SCN infrastructure.
- Expertise on the SCN recording systems.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Exceptional communication skills, both oral and written
- Strong problem solving skills
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment with associates.
- Capability of effective planning and priority setting.
- Skills in system trouble shooting and problem resolution
- Good, planning and organization skills
- Works good within a cross departmental team environment
- Excellent analytical skills
- Able to articulate accomplishment/progress
- In depth understanding of the bash shell and scripting
- Strong teamwork skills
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- 6+ years of work experience supporting RedHat Enterprise Linux and/or Windows.
- Play Framework, Akka, Hazelcast
- Basic skills in IIS, .NET
- RHCE/RHCSA certification
- DevOps automation skills
- Programming skills
- Knowledge in Debian
- Databases: Oracle 11g, MYSQL, ElasticSearch, MongoDB
- Languages: php, Perl, T-SQL, PL/SQL, Java/J2EE, bash, python
- Telecom Background
Standing, sitting, walking, speaking, listening, bending, reaching, pushing, pulling, lifting, grasping and manipulating tools, typing, using peripheral computer tools. May be required to lift up to 25 pounds.
It is the Company’s policy to provide equal employment opportunity to all individuals. Securus will not discriminate against any associate or qualified job applicant with respect to any terms, privileges, or conditions of employment because of that person’s race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic or status protected under local, state or federal law, ordinance or regulation.