To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Garner, NC
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Director, Retail Sales (Boston, MA)
Butterball, LLC • Garner, NC
Posted 6 days ago
This position is responsible for the planning and execution of sales strategies that maximize sales volume and margin growth for targeted Butterball customers. This position will also support the development of short-and long-term retail sales strategies and help define the product mix that will be implemented in the retail marketplace. The Director of Sales controls all elements of the sales process within the assigned region from sales presentations, forecasting, employee development, customer business reviews to broker relationships, to achieve volume and profit margin goals.
- Accountable to plan, direct, and execute the overall strategic sales plan for Butterball retail products; proactively identifies opportunities to drive better execution within current and new categories.
- Work closely with the Regional Sales Managers/National Account Managers to assist and participate in face-to-face meetings, with strategic customers in the marketplace; develops and maintains high level relationships with customers’ key decision-makers.
- Work with Plant Operations, Accounting, and Finance to understand costing to ensure we are maximizing margins by product.
- In partnership with Marketing, help develop the entire Sales organization’s product knowledge to support market entry and staying power of both new and existing value-added products into the marketplace. Focus on improving sales team fact-based and benefits selling capabilities.
- Work with the Marketing and Category Insights team to gain an understanding of industry data (ex. IRI reporting) and utilizing this data and support in making sound strategic business decisions.
- Work with R&D, Marketing, Category Insights, and senior management to develop and implement pricing strategies for Retail products and programs, as well as direct new product development and planning, (ex. including overseeing feasibility studies, generating and testing new product concepts, defining best packaging, and developing market support materials and programs).
- Ensure that all sales and all go-to-market activities are integrated and coordinated with other areas of the company, using a planned approach and maintaining open communications with other team members throughout all those areas.
- Oversee and manage the necessary regular sales data and its accuracy for the Regional Sales Managers.
- Stay abreast of the meat protein markets via customer, industry, and broker contacts; and share it with senior management and Regional Sales Managers for utilization in the sales / pricing decision making process.
- Help Regional Managers/National Account Managers in conjunction with the Category Insights team to identify potential growth areas for customers and products, and develop plans to successfully capture the business.
- Monitor and help in the collection of receivables and unauthorized deductions, as well as maintain the balance of these categories under targeted levels.
- Assist with customer visits to our processing facilities.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited four-year college or university and a minimum of 10 years’ experience in the retail meat and/or processed proteins sales industry required, including experience with retail value-added products.
- 5 years of established experience dealing with strategic/national accounts (Preferred)
- Demonstrated leadership with 5 years’ experience managing sales managers on a direct report basis (Preferred)
- Proven ability to develop and execute a strategic plan and implement company objectives to achieve sales volume and margin growth.
- Excellent written and verbal communications, presentation, decision-making and negotiation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to influence, collaborate and interact within all levels of the organization to achieve results.
- Demonstrated sales planning, forecasting and sales execution experience required
- Ability to provide strategic leadership and
- Successful history of building relationships with customers, brokers, and vendors.
- Highly self-motivated and organized with the ability to prioritize multiple tasks.
- Competent in Microsoft Office Suite; SAP experience preferred.