The Cyber Security Architect will serve as a technical lead for those contractor personnel performing Cyber Operations support functions and DOD Information Network operations support functions.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Leads the implementation of new security solutions, and creation and or maintenance of policies, standards, baselines, guidelines and procedures as well as conducting vulnerability audits and assessments.
- Designs vulnerability assessments, penetration tests and security audits and provides recommendations for application design.
- Uses encryption technology, penetration and vulnerability analysis of various security technologies, and information technology security research.
- Oversees development new systems, applications, and solutions for external customer enterprise-wide cyber systems and networks.
- Ensures the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints.
- Recommends new architectural features into existing infrastructures, designs cyber security architectural artifacts, providing architectural analysis and relates existing system to future needs and trends.
- Embeds forensic tools and techniques for attack reconstruction, provides engineering recommendations, and resolves integration/testing issues.
- Participates in the creation and enforcement of enterprise security documents (policies, standards, baselines, guidelines and procedures). Maintains documentation, procedures and working instructions in accordance with federal and departmental guidelines.
- Analyze logs and reports and interprets the implications. Participates in investigations into problematic activity and assists with plans for appropriate resolution.
- Assists with proposals, including gathering facts, analyzing data and preparing project overview which compares alternatives in terms of cost, time, availability of equipment and personnel, etc.
- Performs additional duties and responsibilities as required
Required Education and Experience (Mandatory)
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a technical, business, operations, or equivalent field
- 10 years of experience in DoD cyber, RMF tools/packages, vulnerability analysis, and developing IATT and ATO packages for approval
- Graduate level education/accreditations in Cybersecurity
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) required
- Possess active TS/SCI clearance
- Forward deployed and worked in a high threat and austere environment
- Master’s degree or higher in a technical, business, operations, or equivalent field
- Military service (active or reserve status)
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Demonstrated command of engineering of principles, methods, and techniques in data security and system development.
- Expert knowledge of secure operating systems as well as data security.
- Excellent customer and organizational level communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
Security Clearance: Top Secret/Sensitive Comp Info
Telework - Limited
- Cyber Security