For nearly 80 years, Segal has been providing employee benefits and human resources consulting for multiemployer trust funds, corporations and public sector organizations. Segal is an independent privately and employee-owned firm. Our independence allows us to provide unbiased consulting services for our clients. Headquartered in New York City, Segal has offices throughout the United States and in Canada. We are a smaller organization that provides a more intense and broader exposure for development purposes within a culture that is highly collegial and team-oriented. You will work with colleagues who are smart, professional, talented and...nice people. We also offer a competitive pay and benefits package that includes a Defined Benefit pension and match 401(k) plans.
The PMO Leader role has four key facets that include but are not limited to the responsibilities listed below:
- Sees future opportunities at the end of a project26rsquo;s life cycle and takes action to add more value to a client and create avenues for revenue and profitability growth.
- Supports revenue growth activities (e.g., RFPs, sales efforts, meeting/exceeding billable hours, etc.), may or may not have formal revenue goals.
- Participates in cross-selling Segal services and facilitating involvement of other Segal CRMs, consultants and Business Developers as needed.
- Engages the client organization at multiple levels to discuss strategy, approach, deliverables and manage expectations regarding outcomes and their timing.
- Leadership responsibility for the development of people and resources to include other M&A project managers, client resources, third party resources, etc. involved in the delivery of HR solutions for other HR work streams.
- Project leadership that includes but may not be limited to:
- Project goal setting, planning, scheduling and monitoring,
- Developing project methods, templates, tools and techniques,
- Providing multi-project management leadership,
- Communication, problem-solving and conflict resolution with project teams, colleagues and clients/stakeholders,
- Applying client organizational learning and knowledge to both the strategic and tactical aspects of project leadership to include sharing knowledge with others,
- Managing client interactions and engage as required during the project life cycle,
- Developing data/report protocols that includes defining the cadence for data gathering, synthesizing and disseminating.
- Change agent and communications (oral/written).
- Designs and develops project life cycles (i.e., methods, templates, tools and techniques).
- Providing thought leadership to the integration of HR functions and workforce optimization.
Academic: Undergraduate degree; Master26rsquo;s degree (desired).
Years of Experience: Minimum of 7-10 of M&A experience in progressive consulting and/or industry leadership roles that includes performing as a HR PMO responsible for change management, communications, organizational design and development, HR strategy and/or operational and/or talent solutions.
Work Experience: Experience leading and/or supporting and delivering M&A solutions projects involving all or, at a minimum, the following HR work streams: benefits integration, leaves of absence, paid time off, employee value propositions, employee/labor relations, pay equity, talent acquisition, compensation, and compliance. Experience to include restructuring, enterprise cost management, due diligence, assessment of transaction risks, integration planning and execution, and/or post-merger integration. Demonstrated success at supporting business development and revenue growth initiatives that involve HR solution selling; accountability for revenue goal achievement is desirable.
Professional Credentials: Professional accreditation as relevant to the M&A marketplace (e.g., PMP Certification, PHR or IPHR+, etc.).
Technologies: Technical proficiency in Microsoft applications (Excel, PowerPoint, Word) and use relevant data, project management and video meeting technologies and tools.
Skills/Traits: Strategic and tactical critical thinking; creative, innovative and best practice-orientation; project leadership; people management; organizational awareness and adeptness at learning, understanding and navigating organizations; change agent and communication (oral/written); leadership and business acumen.
Diversity & Inclusion at Segal
At Segal, we are committed to a culture of diversity and inclusiveness and welcome all qualified candidates. We strive to maintain an inclusive workplace, leveraging the power of a diverse workforce to deliver innovative solutions to our clients while maintaining an environment free from discrimination and harassment in strict compliance with the law. Promoting and supporting a diverse and inclusive workforce is a win-win for Segal, its employees and clients and the communities that Segal serves.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer: Race/Color/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identify or Expression/Religion/National Origin/Disability/Vets.
- Business Development
- Conflict Resolution
- Business Acumen