To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Iowa, NE
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Sales & Development Rep
Core-Mark International • Iowa, NE
Posted 8 days ago
Responsible for servicing, developing and maintaining existing accounts; while also, identifying, developing and managing new accounts/new business in your territory’s convenience retail industry.
Area of focus would be Western Iowa, Nebraska and South Dakota Market.
As a Sales Development Rep you will interface directly with the convenience store customer on a daily basis and build a profitable business partnership and relationship. You will educate customers on products and programs available through Core-Mark and facilitate daily activity required to manage the convenience store business between Wholesale and Retail. You are required to meet specific goals for Sales and Profit assigned for your territory and individual accounts. This includes the implementation and execution of specific Growth Strategies, Marketing Programs, Strategic Initiatives, and Company Standards. Working in tandem with the Territory Manager, you are also required to help grow market share, through new account solicitation. This position is fast-paced and multi-faceted, requiring a broad skillset of sales, merchandising, order replenishment, marketing, problem solving, time management, and customer service.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Visit customers on a regular call cycle to perform selling and merchandising functions in-store, including placing orders or assisting customer with online ordering.
- Provide retailers with Category Management information regarding high potential new items, emerging trends and merchandising methods designed and intended to grow retailer sales and profits sustainably.
- Prospect and grow new sales through establishing new accounts and increasing sales to existing customer base.
- Support Territory Managers sales strategies and key initiatives.
- Be customer service focused. Work in tandem and provide support to Territory Manager and suppliers to promote Programs available through Core-Mark, such as Food Service equipment installs, Marketing Programs and other support services.
- Advise accounts of discontinued, inactive, and replacement items and review and monitor plus-outs and promotions.
- Ensure follow-up of all logistics according to chain contracts, including programs/specials, custom retail pricing, order books, and informational reports.
- File weekly call reports with Manager noting issues, action items and be able to handle tracking of action items until completed
- Comfortable reviewing and analyzing various basic sales and profit reports designed to convey progress made in achieving sales results and gross margin growth.
- Communicate with Manager to discuss chain programs, competitive activities, and store-level opportunities for incremental program placement and related sales opportunities.
- Comfortable adapting to new handheld and application based technology for processing and transmitting program signups and orders.
- Solicit information from potential new accounts to determine accounts that meet minimum division qualifications for volume, cigarette, non-cigarette, profit, expense, delivery, and VCI/Fresh expectations.
- Promote, sell, and secure orders from customers through a relationship-based approach.
- Make regularly scheduled sales calls, within assigned geography, to assigned accounts.
- Provide Territory Manager with oral and written reports on sales activity, customer issues, customer performance, competitive information, and new business opportunities.
- Effectively communicate Core-Mark products, services, program features, benefits, credit terms, sales analysis reports and price books.
- Operate in a professional manner, representing Core-Mark in a positive light, with respect for internal and external relationships. Overcome objections and negotiate effectively with customers to grow sales and profits.
- Communicate program compliance, contracts, schematics, and purchase requirements.
- Capture and report all vendor consolidation initiatives. Ensures all monthly Smart Stock thresholds are achieved and that necessary / required items are carried.
- Follow all company policies and procedures including all Safety protocols.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- College degree preferred.
- Minimum of two years sales, customer service, food service and/or merchandising experience at the distribution or retail level. In store direct customer contact preferred.
- Must be organized, able to demonstrate product & services features and benefits.
- Comfortable with cold calling, able to build customer rapport, and close the sale.
- Knowledge using Outlook, Word and Excel programs.
- Ability to work independently and as a team to reach goals.
- Reliable vehicle, current auto insurance and driver’s license record that indicates you are a cautious and safe driver.
- Schedule may require overnight stays out of town.
- Experience in wholesale and/or retail convenience/grocery distribution, good geographical knowledge, and the ability to be effective well working independently.
- Ability to communicate clearly on the telephone, in person, and in writing.
- Exceptional organizational and customer service skills including sound methods for follow up
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Interact effectively with all levels of management and employees.
- This person will be passionate, results oriented, collaborative, have a strong work ethic and be self-motivated.
- Ability to lift up to 40 pounds.
The employee frequently is required to sit, walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, and crouch. The employee is occasionally required to stand. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds.
- Travel 3,000 miles a month roughly.
- Work Hours/ Shifts Typically 7am to 4pm, Monday-Friday.