Provides technical expertise and may coordinate some day to day deliverables for a team. Assists in the technical design of large business systems; builds applications, interfaces between applications, understands data security, retention, and recovery. Can research technologies independently and recommend appropriate solutions. Contributes to technology-specific best practices & standards; contributes to success criteria from design through deployment, including, reliability, cost-effectiveness, performance, data integrity, maintainability, reuse, extensibility, usability and scalability; contributes expertise on significant application components, vendor products, program languages, databases, operating systems, etc., and guides less experienced staff during the build and test phases.
The incumbent applies a deep technical knowledge in order to design and construct critical systems. May contribute from the early stages of an initiative, working with the business, Functional Architects, and subject matter experts on related systems, or may be contribute during the design phase to work on specific components. This involves working with the Senior Software Engineer, and other technical contributors at all levels, to make well-informed technology recommendations. This position contributes expertise to project teams through all phases, including post-deployment support. This means researching specific technologies, and applications, participating in application design, supporting development teams, testing, troubleshooting, and production support. The TLSE must possess strong communication skills and be able to earn the respect of a software engineering team and influence the team in technical design and implementation. This position requires working closely with the functional and governance functions, and more senior technical resources, reviewing technical designs and specifications, and contributing to cost estimates and schedules.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Technology Expertise – is a subject matter expert on one or more of programming languages, vendor products, DTCC applications, data structures, business lines
- Platforms – works with Infrastructure partners to stand up development, testing, and production environments
- Requirements Elaboration – works with the Functional Architect to ensure designs satisfy functional requirements
- Data Modeling – reviews and extends data models
- Is aware of frameworks – that promote concepts of isolation, extensibility, and extendibility
- System Performance – contributes to solutions that satisfy performance requirements; constructs test cases and strategies that account for performance requirements; tunes application performance issues
- Security – implements solutions and executes test plans working mentoring other team members in best practice
- Standards – is aware of technology standards and understands technical solutions need to be consistent with them
- Documentation – develops and maintains system documentation
- Is familiar with different software development methodologies (Waterfall, Agile, Scrum, Kanban)
- Effectively manages individual and team performance, maintaining high standards for team members
- Supports team in managing client expectations and resolving issues on time
- Ability to effectively lead global and distributed development teams and collaborate with cross-functional teams
Leadership Competencies for this level include
Accountability: Demonstrates reliability by taking necessary actions to continuously meet required deadlines and goals.
Global Collaboration: Applies global perspective when working within a team by being aware of own style and ensuring all relevant parties are involved in key team tasks and decisions.
Communication: Articulates information clearly and presents information effectively and confidently when working with others.
Influencing: Convinces others by making a strong case, bringing others along to their viewpoint; maintains strong, trusting relationships while at the same time is comfortable challenging ideas.
Innovation and Creativity: Thinks boldly and out of the box, generates new ideas and processes, and confidently pursues challenges as new avenues of opportunity.
• 8+ years’ experience in application development or system analysis
• 2 years of team leadership experience
With over 40 years of experience, DTCC is the premier post-trade market infrastructure for the global financial services industry. From operating facilities and data centers around the world, DTCC automates, centralizes, and standardizes the processing of financial transactions across the trade lifecycle and mitigates risk for thousands of institutions worldwide.
At DTCC we value on our clients' interests and partner to deliver superior results with excellence and innovation and lead with integrity. We proactively develop your potential and invest in your career.
DTCC safeguards the financial markets and helps them run efficiently, in times of prosperity and crisis. We are uniquely positioned at the center of global trading activity, processing over 100 million financial transactions every day, pioneering industry-wide, post-trade solutions and maintaining multiple data and operating centers worldwide. From where we stand, we can anticipate the industry’s needs and we’re working to continually improve the world’s most resilient, secure and efficient market infrastructure. Our employees are driven to deliver innovative technologies that improve efficiency, lower cost and bring stability and certainty to the post-trade lifecycle.
DTCC proudly supports Flexible Work Arrangements favoring openness and gives people freedom to do their jobs well, by encouraging diverse opinions and emphasizing teamwork. When you join our team, you’ll have an opportunity to make meaningful contributions at a company that is recognized as a thought leader in both the financial services and technology industries. A DTCC career is more than a good way to earn a living. It’s the chance to make a difference at a company that’s truly one of a kind.
The Information Technology group delivers secure, reliable technology solutions that enable DTCC to be the trusted infrastructure of the global capital markets. The team delivers high-quality information through activities that include development of essential, building infrastructure capabilities to meet client needs and implementing data standards and governance.
- Deployment Support
- Application Development
- Systems Analysis
- Data Security