To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- San Diego, CA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Hospice Admission Nurse - Seaport Home Health and Hospice
Ensign Services • San Diego, CA
Posted 6 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Careers at Seaport Home Health and Hospice:
“We are building the premier Home Health & Hospice agency in San Diego and invite you to join a Team of people who are committed to a core objective of delivering life changing service to our home health and hospice patients”
At Seaport our core values are:
Passion for Learning
Love One Another
Intelligent Risk Taking
At Seaport, we believe that caring for the elderly or frail is the noblest of professions. Our team is trained and motivated to deliver superior clinical outcomes and high patient and family satisfaction. It is through our team’s dedication to deliver life changing service that we become the “provider of choice” in the community that we serve. A career with Seaport requires a commitment to making work fun and celebrating successes; delivering and holding each other to the highest standards of care and professionalism; continual learning; treating others as people whose interest matter as much as our own; being innovative while using good judgment. One other thing about our work culture; we know that in order for our patients to receive the care they deserve, we need to put our employees first.
We are pleased that you are considering a career with Seaport. If you believe that you are a fit for our team and also have the experience and credentials that we are looking for please review the job description, complete the online application and let’s talk!
I. JOB SUMMARY
Performs consultation and admission visit to assess patient’s needs and completes admission assessment and contractual agreement documentation for Hospice of the Foothills program.
This is a non-exempt, benefited full time position. A Registered Nurse License is required
• Possesses understanding of the Hospice program and benefits.
• Obtains orders for and procures immediate medications and needed
• Performs physical assessment of patients’ condition, safety, knowledge, pain and symptoms.
• Initiates the Plan of Care,
• Instructs on disease understanding, progression, and immediate interventions.
• Documents assessment, current medications and initiates appropriate care plans
II. DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Completes an initial, comprehensive and ongoing assessments of patient and family to determine hospice needs. Provides a complete physical assessment and history of current and previous illness(es).
2. Provides professional nursing care by utilizing all elements of nursing process.
3. Assesses and evaluates patient’s status by:
4. Writing and initiating plan of care
5. Uses health assessment data to determine nursing diagnosis.
6. Develops a care plan that establishes goals, based on nursing diagnosis and incorporates palliative nursing actions. Includes the patient and the family in the planning process.
7. Initiates appropriate preventive and rehabilitative nursing procedures. Administers medications and treatments as prescribed by the physician in the physician’s plan of care.
8. Counsels the patient and family in meeting nursing and related needs.
9. Provides health care instructions to the patient as appropriate per assessment and plan
10. Responsible for assessing patient’s medical status, planning, teaching and implementing immediate medical interventions on day of admission.
11. Actively participates in coordination of all aspects of patient’s care, in accordance with current professional standards and practice.
12. Participates in ongoing interdisciplinary comprehensive assessment.
13. Develops and evaluates the Plan of Care (POC)
14. Contributes to patient and family counseling and education.
15. Participates in QAPI program and Hospice sponsored in-service.
16. Coordinates medications and DME needs for same-day delivery.
17. Collaborates with attending physician, Hospice Medical Director, Clinical
18. Coordinator and Social Worker regarding patient admission and follow up needs.
19. Responsible for completion of all elements of admission process and first
20. 24-hours care.
21. Performs timely administrative functions relating to admissions, clinical records, Plan of Care, mandatory abuse reporting requirements, and Home Health Aide assignments.
22. Communicates admissions information, issues and concerns in patient care meetings to assure smooth transition and continuity of care with other assigned staff, including a detailed report to the assigned Case Manager and assigned Social Worker.
23. Provides consultation and emotional/physical support to patients/families regarding Hospice services and disease processes.
24. Participates in community education, volunteer and Hospice activities as requested.
25. Performs routine nursing visits when required.
26. Serves as backup to Intake Coordinator, RNs and Director of Patient Care Services as requested.
III. JOB REQUIREMENTS (Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills & Abilities)
1. Graduate of National League for Nursing accredited school of nursing.
2. Minimum of two years of experience, at least one of which is in the area of public health, home care, or hospice nursing is preferred.
3. Management experience not required. Responsible for supervising hospice aides.
4. Registered nurse with current licensure to practice professional nursing in the state.
5. Demonstrates excellent observation, problem solving, verbal and written communications; nursing skills per competency checklist.
6. Shows ability to organize and prioritize workload independently.
7. Prolonged or considerable walking or standing. Able to lift, position, and/or transfer patients. Able to lift supplies and equipment. Considerable reaching, stooping, bending, kneeling, and/or crouching. Visual acuity and hearing to perform required nursing skills.
8. Maintains a current CPR certification.
9. Must be a licensed driver with an automobile that is insured in accordance with state or organization requirements and is in good working order.
10. Self-directed and able to work with minimal supervision.
This is a non-exempt, hourly position which provides nursing care within the scope of practice of a registered nurse including administering prescribed medications, documenting the condition, care and treatment of patients, observing and assessing patients and notifying physicians of significant changes. A registered nursing license is required.
Seaport Home Health & Hospice is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
The employer for this position is stated in the job posting. Ensign Services, Inc. provides recruiting services for operations in the skilled nursing, assisted living, home health and hospice industries.