Join us as we Rise to the Challenge
At KCI, we’re building an enduring company that provides unparalleled value to our employee-owners. We make our mark designing and delivering our world-class solutions, so we invest deeply in developing our team. We reward integrity and commitment, and when we do well, you do well. Our people have freedom to innovate, unlimited growth, a voice that matters, a lifestyle that works, and skin in the game. Because life’s more fun when you own it.
KCI Technologies, Inc. is a 100% employee-owned engineering, consulting and construction firm serving clients throughout the United States. KCI is recognized as an industry leader, employing cutting-edge technologies, management practices and strategic growth initiatives. Employee ownership fosters an entrepreneurial spirit, encourages technical expertise, and shapes strategic planning.
KCI is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce.Duties, Responsibilities & Other
- Also known as a Senior Designer or Principal Designer, the ideal candidate will have extensive experience in the area of overhead distribution line construction or design of construction for voltages up to 69kV. Preference is on experience with Duke Energy system design but different system experienced is valued.
- Assist in the development of multiple projects and plans related to electrical distribution design. These duties will be performed under the supervision of a project engineer or project manager with support by junior designers.
- Performs work which involves the design for the installation of overhead and underground electrical distribution lines. Assignments ususally include design calculations, interpreation of engineering drawing and specifications, and client coordination and construction crew support. Helps to coordinate work of mulitple engineering disciplines, as well as drafting/CADD work for the project.
- Works with junior designers to develop skills required to produce quality distribution design plans.
- Candidate must have good written and verbal communication skills. Must be a self-motivated dynamic individual.
- EIT or PE certification preferred (ability to obtain PE within one year required)
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience required. Master's degree preferred.
- Minimum of 2 - 4 years of design experience required.
- Pre-employment drug screening is a condition of employment. Background and motor vehicle checks may be required based upon position.
- Complete Annual Individual Training Program
- Train adequate backup personnel to support your role in your absence
- Comply with all KCI policies and procedures
- Ensure projects fulfill ISO compliance requirements
- Complete other duties as required/assigned
- Achieve or exceed budgeted individual utilization target(80-85% typical)
- Attend bi-weekly(or more frequently as necessary) meetings with project team on all projects/tasks
- Complete all tasks on time and within budget while fully meeting the scope
- Consult and coordinate with other practices and sub-consultants as required
- Operate within specified (corporate or project) budget parameters
- Compare field data to base plan
- Conduct site visits and gather data, including measurements, sketches, notes and photographs as needed
- Prepare design calculations, drawings, specifications and cost estimates for review and approval
- Prepare preliminary concept designs and submit for approval
- Read and interpret technical documents needed for performance of job
- Review and approve shop drawings
KCI Technologies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Engineer In Training
Electric Power Distribution