Medix is currently seeking a skilled Technical Support Specialist for an exciting contract job opportunity with one of our top healthcare clients in the Ridgewood / Paramus area.
About our client / About this position
With more than 4000 employees, our client is one of the largest health systems in the Northern New Jersey / Southern New York area. They are seeking a Desktop Support specialist who can provided dedicated in-person technical support on a wide range of issues, focused on supporting doctors, nurses, clinicians and other hospital administration staff.
The primary responsibilities for this Technical Support Specialist will include:
- Working the first shift (8:00 - 4:30), Monday - Friday
- Providing dedicated technical troubleshooting and support for Windows 10 machines running Microsoft Office 365
- Responding to trouble tickets for physical (in-person) technical support. Tickets are opened and managed in the Cherwell system.
- Building new employee workstations and imaging using Symantec Ghost
- Help map and troubleshoot networked printers
- Typical IT assistance will include conducting root-cause investigation, analysis and troubleshooting for Windows Operating Systems, O365, Password-resets, rebooting computers, accessing networked printers, network connectivity, etc.
- Communicating with, and offering exceptional customer service to all levels of clinical end-users, from hospital administration staff to experienced Doctors and Nurses.
Required Experience & Qualifications
- Required High School Diploma (Associate's Degree Preferred)
- A minimum of 12 months professional experience
- CompTIA A+ or HDI Certifications preferred
- A good understanding of Microsoft office operating systems and business applications (O365)
- Use of Trouble Ticketing systems such as Cherwell, ServiceNow, Footprints, Remedy, Ivanti, etc.
- Microsoft Active Directory or Password re-set experience
- VPN and Wifi Connectivity troubleshooting
- Offering exceptional customer service
Location: Ridgewood, NJ
Position Type: Contract
Duration: 3+ Months
Compensation Range: $18 - $21 / hour W2
For all W2-hourly employees of Medix, you will have the option to enroll in our talent benefits program. This includes several options for Medical, Dental, Vision and & Prescription Drug coverage. In addition, Medix offers an industry best-in-class 401K plan, with employer matching for up to 6% of eligible pay. There is also an accrued PTO / time off plan included at no extra cost.
Troubleshooting (Problem Solving)