System Administrator, IT
A Systems Administrator’s role is to achieve the highest standards of system uptime with minimum interruptions utilizing Microsoft and Unix server operating systems, and support of applications such as SharePoint, SQL, VMware, and Active Directory, as well as the support of internally developed Healthcare Technology Solutions.
• Monitor system performance, diagnose system issues, perform emergency and scheduled maintenance.
• Perform application installation, configuration, upgrades, and patching.
• Perform troubleshooting, Quality Assurance (QA) testing, and debugging of enterprise applications.
• Work with application vendors to coordinate installations, and ensure support is not invalidated.
• Manage physical, virtual, and cloud-based servers and applications.
• Install and configure supported hardware and software.
• Evaluate and make recommendations to IT departments regarding technical directions.
• Midlevel troubleshooting, maintenance, and administration of SQL database-related issues.
• Coordinate with clients and technical teams to define technical requirements and execute assigned projects within deadlines.
• Work with technical team to ensure project deliverables meet quality standards and client requirements.
• Maintain project technical specifications and other documentations.
• Provide assistance to technical team as and when required.
• Adhere to company engineering guidelines and standards.
• Stay updated with industry products and technologies.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelor's degree in related field.
Experience: A minimum of five years’ experience in system administration and technical support of a Windows and Unix based environment. Ability to understand technical concepts and apply them in various contexts. Experience in remote access, imaging and end-point security. Previous healthcare experience preferred. SCCM/SCOM preferred.
-Strong Active Directory experience
License & Certification: MCSE preferred.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at
Software Quality Assurance (Sqa)
Installations (Computer Systems)
Server (Computer Science)