Unit Specific Performance Objectives
1. Demonstrates an understanding of pediatric mental illnesses, their developmental progression and associated nursing clinical interventions.
2. Utilizes this knowledge to implement age specific/developmentally appropriate nursing interventions for all patients.
3. Completes initial and ongoing assessments, communicates results, and utilizes information in formulation of Initial/Master Treatment Plan and subsequent reviews.
4. Completes documentation to reflect ongoing implementation of treatment plans.
5. Participates in family education as a member of the interdisciplinary team. Acts as a resource to families during visiting and telephone contacts.
6. Provides age specific psychotherapeutic and health education to all patients.
7. Implements discharge planning to include discharge education, instructions, and follow-up care to patients, families and/or appropriate agencies.
8. Identifies and initials appropriate levels of clinical observation and medical interventions to provide patient safety.
9. Identifies, demonstrates and utilizes appropriate interventions in potential and/or actual crisis situations
10. Utilizes CCM (Comprehensive Crisis Management) techniques appropriately during restraint and seclusion.
11. Leads cognitively based psycho-education groups
12. Plans activity and theme groups utilizing principals of growth and development.
13. Determines immediate and shift to shift nursing care needs. Communicates this information to other interdisciplinary team members and delegates responsibilities as appropriate.
14. Assumes primary nurse responsibilities for assigned patients.
15. Evaluates nursing care on an ongoing basis as a component of the quality improvement process.
16. Adheres to policy, procedures and established practices in the medication administration process.
17. Provides ongoing patient education and evaluation in regard to medication use.
18. Acts as a preceptor in the orientation of new staff.
19. Demonstrates knowledge of age-specific growth and development.
20. Participates in own performance process.
21. Maintains competence in identified universal, core and critical competencies.
22. Perform other duties as requested.
Minimum Required Education/Experience/Skills
1. Registered Professional Nurse
2. Current State Nursing Licensure
3. One-year psychiatric nursing experience preferred
4. Combination of nursing education and life experience considered.
5. Knowledge of group dynamics preferred.
6. Comprehensive Crisis Management (CCM) certification must be maintained to include annual refresher.
7. CPR certification renewed bi-annually or upon expiration of certification
8. Must be knowledgeable of the developmental stages and behaviors for age group of assigned clients
9. Maintains competence in identified universal, core and critical competencies.
10. Valid Act 34/34 clearances.
11. Valid PA Driver's License.
12.Must meet job competencies within 90 days of hire.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
- Clinical Works
- Group Dynamics
- Health Education
- Mental Diseases