Evy's Terrace Bar & Bistroat Hampton Inn & Suites Clearwater Beach
635 S Gulfview Blvd. Clearwater Beach, FL
What Makes a McKibbon Cook?
The Cook is responsible for creating cuisine that provides an exceptional dining experience for all of our guests. The primary objective is to create a personalized experience that will entice our guests to return and share their experiences. Your responsibilities include, (but are not limited to) kitchen set-up and station preparation prior to service and at the end of the shift, maintaining the condition of the service area and kitchen, as well as regularly interacting with guests. We offer competitive compensation and benefits, a tight-knit and supportive work environment, plus numerous opportunities for professional development and advancement. Become part of our family and see why so many of our associates have made McKibbon Hospitality their career home.
A Day in the Life:
- You will welcome and acknowledge all guests according to company standards.
- You will anticipate and address guests’ service needs, assist individuals with disabilities, and thank guests with genuine appreciation.
- You will prepare ingredients for cooking, including portioning, chopping, and storing food.
- You will prepare excellent quality food on budget.
- You will assist with ordering, receiving, and inventory as directed by the management staff.
- You will set up, stock, and maintain work areas.
- You will move, lift, carry, push, pull, and/or place objects weighing up to 25 lbs.
- You will follow all company, safety, and security policies and procedures.
- You will check expiration dates on all food items to ensure freshness.
- You will report any accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions.
- You will maintain confidentiality of proprietary information to protect company assets.
- You will perform any other reasonable job duties as requested by management.
- A valid food handlers card or the ability to obtain one
- The lawful ability to serve alcohol and or prepare/handle alcoholic beverages
- Flexible work schedule
- Ability to prepare/cook food according to recipes, quality and presentation standards
- Ability to operate a variety of kitchen equipment
- The physical ability to stand, sit, or walk for extended periods of time
- Knowledge of dining room service procedures and kitchen functions
- The ability to communicate effectively