To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Houston, TX
- Phone: 312-335-5064
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Levy • Houston, TX
Posted 8 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Location: George R Brown Convention Center - Houston, TX
As a Levy Executive Chef, it will be your primary responsibility to create "The Levy Difference" with cuisine that exceeds the guests' expectations and to provide strong leadership while delivering cost goals and living our vision and values. You will be responsible for delivering culinary standards that live up to our renowned reputation by establishing standards for menu content, ensuring execution of menu content, and establishing and maintaining show quality and presentation standards. It will be your responsibility to achieve food costs, labor and menu mix goals. You will regularly benchmark with guests and restaurants and incorporate the feedback into menu development.
Additional Primary Responsibilities:
- Ensures great guest service through consistent execution of all menus and recipes, training and accountability of the culinary team in execution.
- Creates a positive work environment through hiring/selection of employees, maximizing productivity and morale through employee engagement and maintaining appropriate staffing levels per business needs.
- Assists in developing labor budgets to support the business.
- Supports both front-of-the-house and back-of-the-house in all business aspects.
- Guarantees state and company compliance, including but not limited to safety & sanitation standards, purchasing programs and client requirements. Ability to manage these programs independently to company standard.
- Plan and create menus as needed with regional support and feedback
- Delivers on financial and food sanitation goals of the operation and overall business.
- Creative problem-solver who brings passion, enthusiasm and fresh ideas.
- Proven track record of being organized, dependable and self-motivated.
- Team builder and ability to successfully manage and develop a team.
- Able to work independently and have the capacity to manage up and down.
- Ability to work 60 + hours per week (as needed).
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule, including days, evening, weekends and holidays.
- Must be experienced with computers; to include Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Power Point), Outlook, E-mail and the Internet
Here is the kind of Executive Chef we are looking for:
- Degree or training in Culinary Arts, Hospitality or related field, or culinary certificate preferred.
- At least two (2) years holding an Executive Chef position.
- Seven (7) + years of culinary experience
- High volume, complex food service operations experience
Levy is an equal opportunity employer. At Levy we are committed to treating all Applicants and Team Members fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law. Comprehensive knowledge of food and catering trends with a focus on quality, production, sanitation, food cost controls, and presentation