To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Linthicum, MD 21090
- Guest Services Inc
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Guest Services, Inc. • Linthicum, MD
Posted 24 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
GREAT PEOPLE | GREAT BENEFITS | JOIN OUR ALL-STAR TEAM!
Guest Services, Inc. is now hiring a Full Time Cafe Attendant at our location in Linthicum, MD! Qualified candidates will have 3 years of customer service or cashier experience.
This position comes with several benefits including:
- Monday - Friday schedule
- Full time hours
- No Weekends!
- Great benefits for you and your family!
- Paid time off and Paid holidays
~US Citizenship is required for this position. All employees must submit to a background check~
The Cafe Attendant is responsible for assisting in all areas of customer service. The Cafe Attendant is involved in most aspects of day to day operations, such as inventory, sales, cash handling, sales reconciliation, line service, etc., while maintaining a high level of customer service at all times; and must be cross-trained in areas related to cashier, cook, line server, and general utility.
- Take orders from customers and cook foods requiring short preparation times, according to customer requirements.
- Perform food preparation tasks, such as making sandwiches, carving meats, making soups or salads, baking breads or desserts, and brewing coffee or tea.
- Responsible for setting up, restocking, and breaking down of the food preparation equipment, work areas, and counters or tables.
- Restock kitchen supplies and rotate food.
- Accept payments and issue receipts, refunds, credit, or change due to customers accurately as necessary.
- Maintain clean and orderly cash station area; stock and maintain cash station area with various supplies and products.
- May be assigned to other duties as required by the Shift Supervisor or Manager(s).
SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
- Partial High School education; High School Diploma/G.E.D. preferred.
- Work is assigned orally and in written form; individual must be able to interpret menus and recipes, and be able to follow directions
- Good visual and communication skills
- Ability to record information to the culinary production sheets
- Knowledge of industry standards regarding sanitation
- Willing to be cross-trained in other areas of the work place
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS
- Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly frequent movements from place to place within the unit. Bend, lift, carry, reach/extend arms and hands above shoulder height frequently, or otherwise move in a constantly changing environment.
- Lifting, carrying, and pushing up to 25 lbs. regularly, 30-35 lbs. frequently, and up to 50 lbs. occasionally.
- Ability to stand for the entire work day.
- Ability to climb steps regularly.
- Withstanding temperature extremes in freezer, refrigerator walk-in and cooking areas.
- Reading and writing work-related documents in English.
- Speech recognition and clarity, including the ability to understand the speech of customers and co-workers and the ability to speak clearly so that you can be understood by customers and co-workers in English.
- Constantly communicates and receives verbal communication with other employees in fast-paced kitchen.
- Physical presence at the job site is essential to perform job duties.
- Standard commercial cooking machinery and utensils.
- Cash register
Guest Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.