Have you ever enjoyed Arnold®, Brownberry® or Oroweat® bread? A Thomas’® English muffin or bagel? Or perhaps snacked on a Sara Lee®, Entenmann’s® or Marinela® cake or donut? If the answer is yes, then you know Bimbo Bakeries USA!
Bimbo Bakeries USA is part of Grupo Bimbo, the world’s largest baking company with operations in 32 countries. Bimbo Bakeries USA (“BBUSA”) includes BBUSA and its subsidiaries and affiliated entities, including, but not limited to, Wholesome Harvest Baking, East Balt, and Acelerada. BBUSA employs 20,000 associates across the U.S. in bakeries, sales centers, corporate offices and on sales routes to ensure our consumers have the freshest products to feed their families at every meal. But our associates come to work for much more – the chance to feed their own lives through exciting work that offers the opportunity to make a real difference in their professional and personal lives every day.
The BBU Manufacturing Transformation Intern program is a dynamic 6-month, paid, opportunity that affords students a remarkable experience to participate in fast-paced, real world strategic projects that are at the core of our company. Your experience here at Bimbo Bakeries USA is carefully designed to further develop your strategic project management thinking, analytical problem solving, and managerial leadership skills. You will have the opportunity to present your job to the company’s Senior Leaders throughout the process, giving you the unique chance to increase your business acumen.
Candidate will be exposed to areas such as engineering & maintenance, operations and production.
The Manufacturing Transformation Intern will be a strong support for transforming the results of a plant, while having the opportunity to excel their experience in the real world in the largest baking company in the globe. He/she will take pride on the results obtained and the legacy he/she will create.
- Currently a Sophomore, Junior or Senior pursuing a bachelor’s degree.
- Self-organized and structured thinker.
- Willing to transcend in the company.
- Committed with safety.
- Proactive doer.
- Must possess strong leadership, computer, and communication (verbal and written) skills.
- The ability to analyze data and work with other departments to establish goals.
- The ability to help all teams throughout the bakery to achieve their goals.
- Ability to multi-task and problem solve in a challenging environment.
- Ability to connect with people across hierarchies and develop strong relationships.
- Work together with others in a team setting and, also, as individual contributor when needed.
- Must be willing to work various shifts and overtime, as needed
- Ability to analyze data, multi task and problem solve in a fast-paced challenging.
Bimbo Bakeries USA is an equal opportunity employer with a policy that provides equal employment opportunity for applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, disability, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, reassignment, layoff, discharge, education, training and all other working conditions. To further the principle of equal employment opportunity, Bimbo Bakeries USA has developed affirmative action plans for minorities and women, qualified individuals with disabilities, and Vietnam-era and special disabled veterans and other protected veterans.
Complex Problem Solving