General Dynamics Information Technology (GDIT), a leading provider of Systems Engineering, integration, IT Service Operations and support solutions, is seeking talented professionals to deliver valuable services and solutions to our customers.
GDIT has a great team consisting of experienced and knowledgeable managers who lead and support the career development objectives of our employees. Our employees consider the company to be a solid partner in their career, with an abundance of opportunities for advancement.
We are seeking a Software Developer to support the IT Service Management (ITSM) solution, working with our Justice Programs team in Washington, DC. The Software Developer is a top level Application Developer for our Enterprise Management Systems (EMS) Tools program. In this capacity, the Software Developer performs customer deliverable development, change and configuration management, operations and maintenance (O&M), and training. In this role, you will provide administration and maintenance of the Service Desk application and related modules.
In this position, you will:
- Recommend and implement projects to improve performance of the tool, integrate with other monitoring and management applications, migrate tool servers to new Data Center, improve processes and procedures, and perform routine application or hardware upgrades.
- Leverage application developer skills to support application upgrades, configuration, enhancements, customizations, integrations and automation (e.g. tools, programs or scripts) and standards as part of the engineering initiatives for the ITSM application.
- Create specialized reports as needed.
- Participate in Change and Configuration Management processes for maintaining control of the approved ITSM application baseline
- Prepare or modify processes and procedures for the administration, maintenance, and operations of the IT Service Management solution as required.
- Provide advanced troubleshooting and resolution skills to remediate application incidents & problems and coordinate with other resolution teams as required.
- Provide administration and maintenance of IT Service Management Tools and related components as listed below, to manage and maintain availability, health and performance at acceptable Service Levels.
- Perform routine maintenance including: patching of operating system and applications, coordinating with other teams both within and external to the IT Service Management team as required.
- Create and maintain application documentation such as installation plans, Interface control documents, operations and maintenance manuals, privileged user guides, test plans and reports, and requirements specifications.
- Training: Contractor personnel shall maintain up-to-date knowledge for both tools and operating systems as new versions are approved for use in the FBI’s environment.
- Share knowledge with other team members, train IT staff and end users in the use of the application including new functionality via customizations and enhancements as needed.
Requires experience with application administration and development, with a deep familiarity with IT Service Management (ITSM) solutions and administering Micro Focus Service Manager ticketing tool/Service Desk application. Other tools (such as ServiceNow, Remedy, Cherwell, etc.) are helpful. Also requires experience with the following modules, components and integrations:
- Incident Management module
- Problem Management module
- Change Management module
- Release Management module
- Service Catalog
- Service Portal
- Universal Configuration Management Database (uCMDB) and/or Asset Manager (AM) integration
- Knowledge in the fundamentals of ITSM framework and certification in IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL®) v3 Foundations is preferred.
- System Administration experience
- Microsoft Server 2012, 2016 and/or RHEL Linux OS experience is a plus
- Experience with virtual environments is preferred
- Experience integrating application with other Enterprise Management System (EMS) tools such as Operations Management (OMi) is desired
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178
Java (Programming Language)
Installations (Computer Systems)
C++ (Programming Language)