QUALITY LAB TECH (Elkhart, IN)
This position accomplishes the organizational objectives by safely testing and certifying aluminum extrusions deliver high quality products to our customers on time.
- Read work orders or receive oral instructions to determine work assignments or material or equipment needs.
- Read plans, instructions, or specifications to determine work activities.
- Safely and efficiently operate assigned equipment or machine.
- Test parts to verify customer specifications using various tools/equipment.
- Maintains efficiency standards set for assigned area.
- Maintains good housekeeping of work areas.
- Accurately record numbers or lengths of units handled or moved.
- Little to no previous work-related skills, knowledge, or experience is needed. Some Quality experience preferred.
- Prior experience working in a manufacturing environment is helpful, but not required.
- High school diploma or GED preferred
- Prior experience operating mobile equipment including a forklift or Combi is helpful, but not required.
- Must have basic math skills (add, subtract, divide, multiply)
- Must be able to use a calculator
- Must be able to read a tape measure
- Must be able to regularly lift up to 25 lbs. and occasionally up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to work long hours as needed in seasonal temperatures.
- Must be able to read and understand basic commands in English
- Must be able to read, understand, and follow all work and safety instructions
- Must be able to work well with others as part of a team
- Must possess a willingness to learn and an eagerness to grow
- Must be able to follow detailed directions
Perform Microbiological Analysis
Use Aseptic Technique
Based on Job Title, Location and Skills
See the next step in your career
Quality Lab Tech
$16.00 - $17.00 / hour
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Report this job
Report this Job
Once a job has been reported, we will investigate it further. If you require a response, submit your question or concern to our
Trust and Site Security Team
Job ID: req177
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
Hydro is a fully integrated aluminium company with 35,000 employees in 40 countries on all continents, combining local expertise, worldwide reach and unmatched capabilities in R&D. In addition to production of primary aluminium, rolled and extruded products and recycling, Hydro also extracts bauxite, refines alumina and generates energy to be the only 360° company of the global aluminium industry. Hydro is present within all market segments for aluminium, with sales and trading activities throughout the value chain serving more than 30,000 customers. Based in Norway and rooted in more than a century of experience in renewable energy, technology and innovation, Hydro is committed to strengthening the viability of its customers and communities, shaping a sustainable future through innovative aluminium solutions.
View the full profile