To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Donaldsonville, LA 70346
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
CF Industries • Donaldsonville, LA
Posted 1 month ago
CF Industries is a global leader in transforming natural gas into nitrogen. The chemical processes we use ensure we have the nitrogen we need to support life on earth - from fertilizer that feeds the crops that feed the world to products that remove harmful emissions from industrial activities. Through our nine world-class manufacturing complexes and best-in-class distribution system, we serve agricultural and industrial customers. We invite you to be a part of our nearly 3,000 employees making a difference every day.
Department:12 Hour, AH0164AE3D Ammonia I & II - D Shift
Job Summary:Operators perform an important function in the operation of process units. In many respects, operators are considered to be the eyes and ears of industrial facilities. They must make sure that the process and equipment function properly and safely. An operator plays a major role in helping the company meet its objectives of maximizing production, maintaining environmental stability, minimizing equipment damage, and achieving safety excellence.
- Ability to work rotational 12-hour shifts and provide 24-hour coverage for 365 days.
- Must operate within established standard operating procedures.
- Must become fully qualified in all positions in the department, including the inside board operating position within 3-5 years, and maintain these qualifications going forward. Initial qualification and maintaining full qualification in all positions is a condition of employment.
- Ensure the safe and efficient operation of a unit.
- MUST always keep health, safety, and environmental issues as a #1 priority.
- Monitor lubrication, vibrations, temperature, leak detection of vessel and flanges, take readings of equipment, and check for any abnormal conditions. Communicate any problems or conditions to board operator or supervision.
- Safely shut down and prepare equipment as per lock/tag/try procedures, confined space permit, or safe/hot work permit for maintenance. Return equipment to service or standby mode after maintenance.
Understands and complies with established departmental processes and procedures designed to support internal controls efforts. Identifies and brings to the attention of department management internal controls deficiencies.
Successful incumbents will have:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Maintain and possess a valid Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC).
- Must test negative (for cause and/or random testing) on all drug and alcohol screens.
- Process Technology Diploma preferred.
- Physical requirements – Must be able to lift 40 pounds and climb ladders and stairs. Walking, bending, stooping is required. Must be able to wear personal protective equipment including the use of a respirator. Must be able to respond to visual and audible alarms.
- Job related experience preferred.
- Proficient in basic computer skills (writing Avantis work requests, hazard ID’s, writing near miss reports, checking e-mail, and completing work hours in e-time; the board job is now DCS computer operated).
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by persons assigned to this job. These statements are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel in this position.
- CF Industries is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
- Employees in the US can learn more about their rights by viewing the federal "EEO is the Law" poster (PDF) and others as detailed below:
Employee Polygraph Protection Act
- Employees in Canada can learn more about their rights by viewing the “Canadian Human Rights Act”.
If you need any assistance seeking a job opportunity at CF Industries, or if you need reasonable accommodation with the application process, please call 847-405-2400 or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.