To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Monroe, NC
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Cell Operator 2nd Shift
CIRCOR International, Inc • Monroe, NC
Posted 7 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
LOCATION: MONROE NC
DIRECT REPORTING: PRODUCTION SUPERVISOR
FUNCTIONAL REPORTING: OPERATIONS
“D” Line Cell consists of the following: HMC, VMC, RD, NC Turret Lathe, Bench/Hydro, assembly and test.
- Set up and operate by tape, manuscript or manual computer control, a variety of work involving operations such as milling, facing, drilling, reaming, boring, tapping, slotting and other operations that can be performed on a N/C Vertical machining center, Horiz. Machining Center. N.C. Vertical Turret Lathe and Radial Drill.
- Deburring and cleaning parts in preparation for Hydro test and assembling “D” line pumps.
- Inspect components of unit prior to assembly. Build and assemble pump according to instructions. Disassemble and inspect as required.
- Set up and operate the HMC, VMC, NC Vertical Turret Lathe, Radial Drill, Bench/Hydro and Assemble/Test
- Make necessary inspection checks to insure accuracy of part due to tool wear or deflection.
- Select and set proper holding devices, fixtures, and necessary attachments; layout as required. Position part or parts to be machined on machine table using lifting equipment as required; clamp in position for machining so as to avoid springing or damage to finished surfaces.
- Adjust and set cutting tools in tool changers or heads, grind single point cutting tools as required; select proper speeds and feeds; select and set attachments such as dividing heads and rotary index table as required.
- Machine a variety in shape and material of work such as castings, forgings, weldments, and bars requiring separate machining to co-related dimensions and surface involving operations such as milling of all kinds, drilling, hand tapping, boring, reaming and slotting.
- During automatic cycle time operator is to perform miscellaneous operations such as preparing next piece for machine, simple deburring operations, or the operation of supplemental machines.
- Use precision measuring instruments such as verniers, micrometers, dial indicators, templates, feelers, gages, scale, calipers, to maintain dimensions and tolerance as required.
- Set up and hydrostatic test parts using test presses and/or fixtures as required. Apply required pressure by use of hand, pump or valve; use pressure gages to determine and maintain proper pressure; observe for leaks and report to foreman for dispositions; stamp as required; apply sealing solution and treat as directed.
- Assemble stud driver of correct size and drive studs in tapped holes to proper depth. May operate stud gun; disassemble as required.
- Remove surplus metal, sand, cores, bead splatters, rust, scale, burrs, high spots, ragged edges and foreign matter from unfinished or finished parts. Load and unload production washing machinery. Preserve with rust preventative as required.
- Keep working area, machines and equipment in a clean, orderly condition. Safeguard working area as necessary. Wear all safety equipment that is necessary on the job.
- The ability to use NC Vertical Turret Lathe, NC Vertical Machining Center, Horiz. Machining Center, Radial Drill, Hydro test stand and pump test stand. Tools include all basic cutting tools, dividing head, boring heads, parrallels, jacks, vee blocks, hand tools, and other necessary equipment. Hoist operated cranes and other lifting equipment. Torque wrenches, hand and power grinders, files and sanding disc. etc.
- Work from verbal or written instructions, with or without job tag instructions; read and work from blue prints, charts sketches, process specifications and masters.