At Vibra Healthcare, we're on a first name basis. Our managers greet you by your first name and know why you’re passionate about healthcare. Throughout your day, you collaborate with an interdisciplinary team to create a course of recovery for the patient you know so well.
Vibra Hospital of Northern California, part of the Vibra Healthcare system, is a hospital specializing in Long Term Acute Care (LTAC) 56 beds, Skilled Nursing Facility (SNF) 32 beds, and Outpatient Rehabilitation. Located in beautiful Redding, California, we are known for our high quality medical care, a comfortable and friendly environment, and a history of community involvement.
Vibra Hospital of Northern California is seeking a Full Time Infection Preventionist - RN - to join our team!
The Infection Preventionist, working closely with the Medical and Nursing Directors, is responsible for assessing, planning, organizing, developing, implementing and evaluating the infection control program and activities. Possesses authority and accountability necessary to carry out assigned administrative and surveillance duties. Monitors infection control practices and procedures throughout the facility to ensure all personnel and medical staff are compliant.
The Infection Preventionist develops and implements infection control policies and procedures. Develops systems for identifying, reporting, investigating and controlling infectious and communicable diseases. Provides orientation, teaching and coaching on infection control practices and policies to all employees and medical staff. Evaluates effectiveness of program, gathers and analyzes data and reports outcomes to appropriate committees.
- Registered Nurse (RN), or Masters in Public Health, or Bachelors of Science Degree in a related field such as Microbiology, Medical Technology, or Epidemiology required.
- RN’s must have a current, valid, and active license to practice as a Registered Nurse in the state of employment.
- Minimum three (3) years of clinical experience in a healthcare facility required.
- Knowledge of epidemiology, microbiology, infectious disease, and aseptic technique to include standard/universal precautions required.
- CIC certification preferred.
- Minimum two (2) years of experience as an Infection Preventionist preferred.
- Technical report writing skills preferred.
- Ability to project a professional image.
- Knowledge of regulatory standards and compliance requirement.
- Strong organizational, prioritization and analytical skills.
- Ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant.
- Working knowledge of computer and Microsoft software applications used in job functions.
- Freedom from illegal use of and effects of use of drugs and alcohol in the workplace.
Our recruitment team wants to get to know you. Share your passion!
Please complete our online application and submit your resume for immediate consideration.
Thank you for taking the time to consider a career opportunity with our hospital.
Registered Nurse Certified