To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- St. Louis, MO
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Pinocchio Mental Health Specialist
Compass Health Network • St. Louis, MO
Posted 27 days ago
Pinocchio Mental Health Specialist is a mental health professional based in partnering school districts; working a 9 – 10 month schedule. They serve as a liaison between children/families and schools, provide early identification and early intervention services to students in K – 3rd grade screened as being eligible for the Pinocchio Program; and provide Mental Health Consultation to school staff .
This position serves the Ferguson/Florissant School District, and follows the district schedule. Monday- Friday 8:30am-3:30pm during the school year. The position is paid hourly.
• Program Coordination 50%
- Screen all children in assigned school grades K – 3
- Provide direct and indirect observation of children screened as eligible for the program
- Coordinate and complete program eligibility process with appropriate school staff and potential program parents
- Weekly Pinocchio Sessions: develop a permanent weekly schedule with the school
- Attend all agency and program meetings at a frequency determined by Supervisor
- Link families to other Compass Health Network services as deemed appropriate
• Direct Clinical Services 25%
- Collaborate with families and systems to develop Pinocchio Child and Family Plans
- Meet with each child eligible for the program weekly; individually for 30 minutes or in a group no larger than 4 students for 45 minutes.
- Schedule two parent conferences during the academic school year
- Provide mental health consultation and mental health education to school staff
- Function as a member of an integrated health team, serving as the liaison
among providers involved in the client’s/family’s life.
- Actively work to build and foster an integrated care team around the
- Provide parenting education when appropriate. (Family System Model)
- Seek culturally competent services and service providers to meet the unique cultural needs of each agency consumer and family member.
• Documentation 20%
- Maintain agreed upon level of productivity.
- Complete all mandatory documentation to monitor client’s progress towards achievement of individual treatment plan goals.
• Other Responsibilities 5%
- Other miscellaneous duties as assigned.
- Perform Utilization Review activities as assigned
- Attend all training as required by Crider Health Center, Accreditors and Funders.
The Pinocchio Mental Health Specialist reports directly to the Pinocchio Program Manager/Pinocchio Supervisor.
• Masters degree in mental health related field as recognized by the US Department of Education and minimum of three years applicable experience.
• Licensed or License eligible
• Commitment to Service Excellence
• Commitment to Personal Excellence
• Team Oriented and Values Diversity