How will you make an impact? You will work in a team based environment to perform Quality Control assays/experiments on molecular biology reagents (bulks, components, finished goods) for global use in research and commercial products in the life sciences industry. What will you do? The successful candidate demonstrates a sense of urgency, contagious optimism and a "can do” attitude.
The primary responsibilities are as follows:
• Responsible for qualifying product(s) in a lab setting following standard operating procedures. Will utilize basic laboratory techniques, calculations, materials measurement, operation of laboratory equipment and record keeping necessary to qualify products.
• Will perform various assays which may include the following: PCR, qPCR, Bioanalyzer, HPLC, HPIC, small/medium nucleic acid purification, Polyacrylamide and Agarose Gel Electrophoresis, Cloning and Transformation, FRET.
• Responsible for specification batch records and other work order documents.
• Utilize specialized technical knowledge and skills to make detailed observations and analyze data to ensure within operating parameters. Advise manager of factors that may affect quality of product. Suggest and execute on options/ideas for corrective actions.
• Will initiate and process own problem notifications for deviations and material nonconformance.
• Maintain equipment, product inventories and related records as assigned. Note variances on documents; audit and evaluate process documents and propose revisions. Complete, distribute and file records as required in accordance with Document Control Practices. How will you get here?
• Bachelor's degree in Biology, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Biotechnology or other related discipline and 2+ years of experience in a manufacturing or research laboratory -OR-
• Master's degree in Biology, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Biotechnology or other related discipline and 1+ years of experience in a manufacturing or research laboratory.
• Demonstrated proficiency in the use of scientific laboratory techniques, equipment and materials required.
• Experience in the use of standard laboratory techniques including end point, quantitative (real-time) and Reverse Transcriptase PCR; experience with analytical instruments such as Bioanalyzer, HPLC and HPIC; experience with small/medium nucleic acid purification, Polyacrylamide and Agarose Gel Electrophoresis, Cloning and Transformation, SDS-Page Analysis, Western Blotting, and other protein characterization techniques.
• Experience working safely within a radiation and/or BSL2 laboratory
• Experience in ISO 9001, ISO 13485 and/or GMP manufacturing environment.
• Demonstrated efforts to support continuous improvementKnowledge, Skills, Abilities
• Is energized working in a fast-paced environment
• Consistent, dependable and accurate in carrying out responsibilities
• Displays positive attitude toward job and others
• Results oriented and data driven
• Demonstrated ability to carry out scientific procedures and make recommendations for improvement required.
• Greets challenge and change as opportunity
• Is curious, inquisitive, innovative, never satisfied with the status quo
• Excellent documentation and communication skills
• Regularly required to lift up to 20 pounds.
• May be required to stand for long periods of time while performing duties.
• May intermittently sit at desk/lab bench for a long period of time to perform experiments, write, and use a keyboard to communicate through written means.
• Must be flexible to work varying schedules and hours as needed.
• Must be able to work safely with chemicals and hazardous materials.
Polymerase Chain Reaction
Real Time Polymerase Chain Reactions
Reverse Transcription Polymerase Chain Reactions