To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Merrifield, VA 22119
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Assistant Vice President, Financial Systems
Navy Federal Credit Union • Merrifield, VA
Posted 1 month ago
Why You Will Love Being Part of the Navy Federal Team:
*Competitive compensation with opportunities for annual raises, promotions, and bonus potential
*Best-in-Class Benefits! (7% 401k match / Pension plan / Tuition reimbursement / Great insurance options)
*On-site amenities include fitness center, wellness center, cafeteria, etc. at Pensacola, FL; Vienna, VA and Winchester, VA campuses
*Consistently Awarded Top Workplace
*Nationally recognized training department by TRAINING Magazine
*An employee-focused, diverse, and service-oriented workplace environment
To plan, direct, and oversee the effective operations of the Financial Systems team. Define and direct long and short term technological objectives which facilitate and support Comptroller Department goals and operations. Develops strategy and tactics for, and manages complex projects and corporate initiatives across department lines, that impact financial automated systems and/or accurate financial reporting.
1. Service Definition
• Develops, directs and oversees the strategic implementation of financial technology and automated solutions (short- term and long-term) which facilitate and support Comptroller Department objectives and optimize operations
• Measures the effectiveness of automated solutions and operations in terms of accuracy, productivity, and return on investment (ROI)
• Develops objectives, goals, priorities, standards, governance and budgets for financial data processing and systems projects for the Department, and aligns them with overall corporate strategic objectives
• Oversees the functions of the Financial Systems branch; coordinates and prioritizes the resources, systems, and employees
• Ensures the effective management of department projects and departmental impact assessment of corporate initiatives through execution of Project Management Framework (PMF) to ensure project goals and objectives are met and completed according to schedule
• Oversees and analyses in-depth studies of current industry standards, best practice, industry trends and technological advancements for the financials market
• Directs the assessment and acquisition of new technologies
2. Service Delivery
• Works with department leadership to develop and execute Service Delivery and Support strategies, policies, and procedures ensuring alignment with business initiatives and objectives
• Collaborates with customers, IT Services and other department leaders to define and facilitate service and data requirements
• Partners with IT Service Support to ensure prompt, continuous and effective service delivery
• Defines and overseas objectives, standards and guidelines for effective service management through the use of Services Level Agreements (SLAs), Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and evaluation of Key Service Providers (KSPs)
• Facilitates coordination/ resolution efforts across multiple platforms
• Directs implementation and support of business process solutions including technology evaluations of automation tools and services
• Plans, coordinates, manages, executes and supports business process and system control automation
• Directs PMF functions, implements specific automation solutions and processes to ensure the use of best practices and standard methodologies
3. Strategic Project Planning & Support
• Consults, collaborates and engages senior leadership across departments for product, service or system implementation/development initiatives that impact financial data management, processing and reporting
• Serves as subject matter expert and resource in cooperative efforts aimed at resolving unique and complex system issues involving processing financial data
• Partners and liaises with Strategy Management, ISD and third party vendors to determine operational requirements, develop specifications, devise and implement effective enterprise business solutions, data architecture and database strategies
• Leads and/or participates in project teams and study groups across department lines which involve conducting studies, undertaking projects, acquisition of ERP solutions, developing business cases and providing analyses relating to financial results, trends, and workflow
• Key player in vendor selection and process; monitors and makes recommendations regarding contract fulfillment
• Maintains expert knowledge of department services, systems, policies, and practices and their interrelationship to others in the credit union
4. Management of Function
• Defines and oversees development of branch priorities and goals that align with division, department and company strategy; determines overall organizational structure of the area and the assignment of major functions
• Oversees compliance with all applicable statutory requirements and Navy Federal policies, procedures, regulations and values
• Selects management staff and other key personnel; ensures adequate staffing, completes/approves performance appraisals, oversees employee training/development, and recommends disciplinary actions
• Collaborates with department leaders and contributes to strategic planning and goal-setting for the department
• Oversees the preparation and execution of the Financial Systems Annual Financial Plan (AFP) and supports definition of strategic project objectives for the AFP
• Ensures staff proficiency on business systems, Navy Federal policies and procedures, and automated applications
• Manages merit pay in accordance with specified objectives and guidelines
• Serves as acting VP, Financial Systems in the absence of the incumbent
5. Performs other related duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS – KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field, or the equivalent combination of education, training and experience
• Extensive knowledge of ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning), BPA (Business Process Automation), Financial Service and Payment Technology, Data Management and Automated Controls which includes performing investigative, technical, or associated systems analysis and automation and integration of various functions
• In-depth experience with Project Management and automated systems, data architecture, data querying, and database strategies
• Extensive experience with financial accounting concepts, practices and procedures, and skilled in applying financial forecasting techniques
• In-depth knowledge of the state and federal laws pertaining to the management of financial assets and financial reporting including, the Statements of Financial Accounting Standards and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
• Extensive experience managing cross-functional, multi-dimensional teams and projects of high complexity
• Strong leadership skills with the ability to produce desired results and achieve objectives
• Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills including negotiation and persuasion, and presenting complex financial information to varied audiences
• Bachelor's or advanced Degree in Business, Finance, Information Systems or a related field
• Certified PMP, BAP, ITIL, Scrum or other relative designations.
• Strong knowledge of financial services, particularly the credit union industry
• Thorough familiarity with Navy Federal's objectives, functions policies and philosophies.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Navy Federal values, celebrates, and enacts diversity in the workplace. Navy Federal takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, recently separated veterans, and other protected veterans. EOE/AA/M/F/Veteran/Disability