Daniels Health is a leading, multi-national, private company providing safety and infection control solutions to the healthcare sector. We offer end-to-end containment and disposal solutions for regulated sharps and medical wastes via our proprietary, engineered containment systems, fleet of permitted waste transport vehicles and network of regulated waste treatment facilities.
We are excited to announce a new role of National Maintenance Engineer for our USA business, reporting to the COO. This hands-on role will develop and refine Daniels existing and future engineering equipment and processes across the US business units, as well as support and mentor our small team of maintenance staff. Key items of plant are: autoclaves, robotic washlines, boilers, waste compactors and shredders.
We are a fast-growing company in a very stable industry. This role has enormous opportunity for the right candidate to really make their mark, and offers significant future growth and development for an energetic, driven leader. In this role you will do?
Our ideal National Maintenance Engineer will likely have:
- Provide personal, hands-on leadership and support to the business operations.
- Project manage, design, implementation and commissioning of new processes, procedures and engineering equipment.
- Manage vendor selection and negotiation for key items of plant (eg. Boilers), for both capital purchases and preventative maintenance contracts (PM).
- Develop and supervise PM plans for key items of plant to ensure sites meet regulatory requirements and efficiency targets.
- Design and implement effective machine upgrades and modifications, to achieve improvements in safety, compliance, quality or efficiency objectives.
- Provide timely engineering and technical support to maintenance and operational staff.
- Develop a sound knowledge and complete understanding of the engineering equipment owned and operated by Daniels including but not limited to: autoclaves, washlines, compactors, PLCs, SCADA systems, pneumatics, hydraulics and other associated electrics and electronics.
- Develop and maintain strong knowledge and understanding of the fundamentals of the regulated medical waste industry and the interface of Daniels operations, including: the collection of waste, processing of the waste and final disposal of treated wastes
- Maintain a sound knowledge of OHSA regulations and display a superior commitment to workplace safety.
- Have flexibility in scheduled working hours to cope with maintenance activities
- Have flexibility in working hours resulting from plant breakdowns to ensure plant is operational as soon as safely possible
- Relevant Tertiary Qualifications in mechanical, electrical or process engineering, or equivalent similar experience.
- A trade qualification, or significant, demonstrated experience in a practical context. (This may include a relevant passion outside of work, such as rebuilding cars, metal fabrication, electrical design etc.)
- 2 - 5+ years’ experience in a relevant position.
- Team player with a high-energy, positive, driving attitude.
- Hands on approach to work, ability to lead from the front and ‘get hands dirty’ when required.
- Flexible with regards to hours and required tasks
- Superior commitment to safety in the workplace
- Regular Interstate travel
- Driver’s License
- Possible occasional travel to Canada and Australia, as permitted.
If this role sounds like you... Apply Today!
Daniels Health & Sharpsmart is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with anti-discrimination law, it is the purpose of this policy to effectuate these principles and mandates. Daniels Health & Sharpsmart prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Daniels Health & Sharpsmart conforms to the spirit as well as to the letter of all applicable laws and regulations.
Coaching And Mentoring