To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Field Installation Technician
USP Technologies • US-Nationwide
Posted 8 days ago
At USP – we love water treatment, but more so than the “nuts and bolts”, we strive to provide our customers with best in class solutions that empower them to meet their treatment goals. As a Field Installation Technician you will be responsible for delivering engineered solutions excellence for water treatment projects around the United States and Canada. Working in conjuncture with the Project Management team – the installation technician will deploy his/her mechanical, electrical and controls knowledge to the installation of USP equipment. Installation technicians will also work closely with USP’s Program Management team to support existing and new customers as they transition to long-term chemical operation and USP Engineering to improve our offerings in our ongoing journey to ensure USP is constantly providing our customers with the best value in the water industry.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES
Collaborate with the project management office to define/scope/delivery of new projects
Responsibility and accountability of projects assigned including delivery of project scope/schedule in conjuncture with project managers.
Installation, restoration, service and replacement of USP deployed equipment.
Collaborate with the Engineering team in the review of drawings, designs and approval for fabrication.
Plan and track the project schedule.
Plan and manage the individual budgets
Cross-function support for USP Service Organization (ongoing field service).
Other duties as assigned by management
- Bachelors of Science in Engineering Technology or Applied Science preferred; High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- 2-5 years of experience in the field of water treatment or similar process industries preferred.
- Able to manage multiple project priorities with minimal supervision.
- Basic knowledge on AutoCAD, SolidWorks or similar CAD design software
- Working knowledge of municipal and industrial water treatment industries.
- Working knowledge of field level EHS requirements
- Working knowledge on pressure vessels, piping and structural design
- Strong knowledge of mechanical aptitude with process equipment (pumps, valves, pipes, tanks)
- Strong knowledge of process controls and instrumentation (Industrial PLCs/SCADA/DCS systems, Flow/Level/Pressure sensors, 4-20 loops, interlocks, etc.)
- Knowledge of QA requirements and inspection of vessels and systems.
- Operational knowledge of common industrial support equipment (forklift, man-lift, telehandler, etc.)
- Technical, analytical, and business acumen
- Communication and Interpersonal skills; Teamwork and leadership
- Self-management; People Skills; Organizational Skills
- This position requires a valid driver’s license, a good driving record, and the willingness to travel (up to 75% M-F)
- Routinely required to reach with hands and arms, squat, turn/twist, or reach, lift, carry, push, or pull up to 50 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus
- The Physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Up to 75% travel to off-site plant, customers, or supplier sites
- Required to wear all Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for deliveries which may include: eye, hearing and respiratory protection, protective apron, steel toe shoes, gloves, hard hats, or face shields.
- Occasionally in extreme heat conditions
- Required to use ear plugs for hearing protection
- Both Indoor and outdoor sites may have high noise levels
- Outdoor site can be located at a process area
- Use of hazardous chemicals is routine
- Collaborative working environment working; position touches all levels within the customer organization
- Trust and respect for customers, vendors, and USP associates
Danaher Corporation Overview