To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Christiansburg, VA 24073
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Associate Industrial Engineer - Christiansburg, VA
Hubbell Inc • Christiansburg, VA
Posted 14 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
The Industrial Engineer is responsible for developing and maintaining a manufacturing/process strategy, including equipment selection and maintenance, plant layout, tooling and operator training, in a collaborative and cross functional. manner. The position is responsible for initiating and driving continuous improvement (Kaizen and lean manufacturing) to ensure key safety, quality, service and cost goals are met.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
* Lead and or support R3 Safety Events. Support creation of Behavioral Based Safety Observation (BBSO) assessment standards.
* Perform economic and feasibility studies for new processes, equipment, systems and methods. Provide project leadership and guidance on new equipment or processes introduction.
* Prepare plant, department, and work cell layouts to maximize space utilization, material flow and safety. Prepare, implement and follow-up on line balances and methods improvements to insure effective cost reductions in labor and material.
* Utilize qualitative and quantitative methods and analysis to identify, understand and control the critical few factors effecting key problems. Provide engineering assistance on the shop floor.
* Define, write, install and review necessary manufacturing procedures. Provide guidelines for training personnel in their procedures and participate in training. Lead and or support Kaizen Events. Create visual aids for operators use during production.
* Perform make/buy analysis for components as appropriate. Lead Pilot runs on new products. Perform first piece inspections on new and modified parts. Process Engineer to Order (ETO) orders for SAP – routers, BOM, material records, etc..
* Provide feedback to design engineers during /as a result of pilot/first article builds and inspections.
* Originate & process engineering changes. Support engineering requests from product engineering. Correct Bills of Materials/Routers/Drawings when necessary. Flatten Routers for products when necessary. Review alternative product materials and assembly construction.
* Demonstrate proficiency with current generally accepted industrial engineering methods and techniques. Develop jigs and tools in coordination with Tool Room for special operations. Develop inspection and test methods. Provide CNC programming support as needed. Provide Technical support for advanced manufacturing systems such as robotics, automation, printing and measuring systems.
* Lead and participate in effective meetings, working and training sessions to ensure employee engagement.
* Bachelor of Science in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering.
* Minimum of 3 years’ experience.
* Proficiency in CAD, preferably AutoCAD & Solid Edge.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Excellent organizational and time management skills.
* Proficiency in SAP
* Lean Manufacturing
* Six Sigma
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
* Lighting products manufacturing and application
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.