Lead Company Wide measurement activities through Measurement Specialists, Measurement Foremen, Production Foremen, Engineers, contractors and support teams across multiple assets. Assures compliance with SM Energy Measurement Policy, government regulations, lease and contract obligations and standard industry practices.Essential Roles and Responsibilities:
- Conduct internal and external operations audits to ensure compliance with company measurement policies, procedures and controls including the design, fabrication, installation, operation and maintenance of all measurement, sampling and analysis equipment.
- Develop, review and update specific procedures for witnessing, meter calibration, sampling, new installations, etc.
- Oversee measurement, sampling and analysis training opportunities for regional personnel.
- Develop and distribute monthly measurement scorecard
- Provide assistance to regional personnel in the selection of third- party services and equipment employed in company measurement operations.
- Provide training and supervision for regional personnel involved in the use of the company measurement database
- Act as a measurement resource to various departments including land, legal, operations, marketing, production accounting, revenue accounting, royalty accounting and tax accounting relating to measurement activities and functions
- Monitor changes in state/federal regulations impacting company measurement operations. Communicate these changes to appropriate company personnel/departments.
- Assist in designing and drawing flow diagrams, assessing accuracy of diagrams prepared by others, and analyzing diagrams for key control points and weaknesses
- Develop standards to ensure the integrity and security of measurement, sampling and analysis data.
- Coordinate with Natural Gas Marketing to develop and issue contract briefs on new agreements regarding measurement requirements
- Maintain, update and provide routine training on SM Measurement policy and measurement best practices.
- Supervise and ensure technical work is of the highest quality for any direct reports.
- Lead the hiring and training of staff, performance reviews and personnel development efforts for any direct reports and dotted line measurement staff.
- Remain current in the application of the latest measurement technologies and methods.
- Conduct regular field trips in the Permian Basin and to South Texas with ability to work outside normal business hours as required.
- Conduct business with the highest ethical standards.
- Ensure staff has access to pertinent industry standards.
- Attend external training as appropriate to stay abreast of emerging technology and issues.
Role-Specific Technical Knowledge & Skills:
- Proven ability to manage a high performing team
- Proven ability to communicate effectively across business lines and levels
- Advanced knowledge of oil and natural gas measurement equipment and operation
- Advanced knowledge of oil and natural gas sales contracts and their measurement provisions
- Advanced knowledge of oil and natural gas measurement standards and practices
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite
- Familiarity with Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS) and Field Production Data Gathering systems (AVM)
High School Degree or equivalent. Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree a plus. A valid driver’s license is required.
Minimum of 12 years of oil and gas experience with at least 6 years of measurement experience. Supervisory experience is preferred.
Oil And Gas