About Covanta: Covanta is a world leader in providing sustainable waste and energy solutions. Annually, Covanta’s modern Energy-from-Waste facilities safely convert approximately 20 million tons of waste from municipalities and businesses into clean, renewable electricity to power one million homes and recycle approximately 500,000 tons of metal. Through a vast network of treatment and recycling facilities, Covanta also provides comprehensive industrial material management services to companies seeking solutions to some of today’s most complex environmental challenges. For more information, visit URL blocked - click to apply .
Information on our facilities is available at URL blocked - click to apply . For career opportunities, visit URL blocked - click to apply . Covanta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Regional Engineer is responsible for coordinating with local plant management and corporate engineering to optimize and monitor plant performance. The Regional Engineer will also be expected to evaluate and manage projects at the facilities, including concept and scope development, RFQs, and project management.
The duties of the Regional Engineer include, but are not limited to:
• Monitoring of plant performance and efficiency including water rate, parasitic load, and overall plant efficiency. Meet with regional and facility management to identify shortfalls and opportunities and implement action plans for improvement.
• Manage growth capital projects within the region. Help develop concepts, scopes and RFQs to grow our core business. Work with third party engineers and contractors to develop concepts and perform project execution.
• Develop test protocols and implement for the purposes of troubleshooting process problems. Analyze data and use systematic approach to solving process issues and limitations. Must be able to develop cost effective plans for improvements.
• Assist when needed with specific outage inspection activities, particularly as it relates to plant performance and combustion optimization.
• Coordinate with local management to ensure compliance with Covanta Technical Standards and assist Regional Ops V.P. with variance request and annual compliance submittals.
• Support corporate growth initiative and R/D efforts as needed within the Region.
Other Requirements. A successful candidate will have good presentation, organization and people skills. Reading and interpretation of technical documents and manuals, mechanical and electrical drawings, AutoCAD a plus. Solid PC skills a experienced with Excel and Word.
A successful candidate must be a high motivated self starter with the ability and tenacity to solve problems.
Candidate must have a BS in Engineering with 5 years minimum experience in Steam Plant Operations or Engineering with an emphasis on process engineering, combustion controls and monitoring. Project Management experience also critical. This job requires frequent travel and oversight of third party engineers and contractors.
Project Management Professional
Earned Value Management