Responsible for conducting psychiatric assessments; assessing physical health needs; making appropriate referrals to community physicians; providing management and administration of medication in conjunction with the psychiatrist; providing a range of treatment, rehabilitation and support services for individuals in Assertive Community Treatment services.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS – JOB SPECIFIC
• Collaborate with the client and treatment team in developing, writing, implementing, evaluating and revising overall treatment goals and plans; providing individual supportive therapy and symptom management, ensuring immediate changes are made in the treatment plans as clients' needs change, educating and supporting clients' families, and advocating for clients' rights and preferences.
• Under direction of the team psychiatrist organize and manage the system of getting medication to clients and integrating medication administration tightly into clients' individual treatment plans. Take the lead role or participate in providing medication administration and medical services.
• Provide education, training, and coaching on medications, mental illnesses, and co-occurring health illnesses to clients and ACT
• Participate in and conduct parts of the client-centered comprehensive assessment of psychiatric history, mental status and diagnosis, physical and dental health; use of drugs or alcohol; education and employment; social development and functioning; activities of daily living; and family structure and relationships.
• Attend daily staff organizational meetings and treatment planning review meetings, and weekly supervision.
• Complete all required documentation, according to agency policy, which includes but is not limited to: Comprehensive Assessments, Progress Notes, Individualized Treatment Plans, Personal Safety Plans, and Authorizations of Disclosure.
• Provide on-call crisis intervention covering nighttime, evening and weekend hours.
• Accompany clients, when necessary, to medical appointments to assist with communication and understanding of client's illness, medication, and/or procedures.
• Work to help complete prior authorizations and coordinate medical appointments.
• Consult with ACT team regarding client health and medication issues.
• Other duties as assigned
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/CORE COMPETENCIES – COMPANY WIDE
• Regularly attends work except for approved absences
• Attends all training as required
• Maintain professional, “champion” behavior
• Provides quality customer service
• Provides services with a commitment to service excellence
• Works in a way that exhibits a commitment to personal excellence
• Team oriented and values diversity
DESIRED DEMONSTRATED KEY COMPETENCIES
• Analytical Thinking
• Change Readiness
• Collaborative Relationships
• Conflict Resolution
• Creative Thinking
• Communication – Oral
• Communication – Written
• Decision Making
• Flexible Thinking
• Forward Thinking
• Organizational/Time Management
• Problem Solving
• Project Management
• Risk Management/ Assessment
• Strategic Thinking
• Technical Expertise
WORKING CONDITIONS & EXPOSURE RISK
• Regular exposure to blood and/or body fluids
• Regular exposure to biohazard waste materials
• Operating vehicles or machinery
Associate's degree in nursing required
Experience in an inpatient or outpatient psychiatric setting required
RN, licensed in Missouri required
Compass Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and an E-Verify participant.
Complex Problem Solving