About Covanta: Covanta is a world leader in providing sustainable waste and energy solutions. Annually, Covanta’s modern Energy-from-Waste facilities safely convert approximately 20 million tons of waste from municipalities and businesses into clean, renewable electricity to power one million homes and recycle approximately 500,000 tons of metal. Through a vast network of treatment and recycling facilities, Covanta also provides comprehensive industrial material management services to companies seeking solutions to some of today’s most complex environmental challenges. For more information, visit URL blocked - click to apply .
Information on our facilities is available at URL blocked - click to apply . For career opportunities, visit URL blocked - click to apply . Covanta is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
EOE AA M/F/Protected Veteran Status/Disability EEO is the Law Poster (The poster can be found at http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf) Level, Title and/or Salary may be adjusted based on the applicant's experience or skills.
- Monitor boiler plant and processing plant daily performance
- Identify areas for improved production and reduced cost, boiler cleaning and process plant improvements
- Attend daily facility performance review meetings.
- Assist in outage preparations, review engineering drawings for repairs/upgrades, submit FCN notices for improvements
- Revise/Develop specifications for scope of works to be accomplished and execute projects
- Oversee contractors during job performance
- Provide engineering support for the Process and Powerhouse maintenance and Operations staff
- Provide asset improvement project engineering and management
- Coordinate with regional and corporate engineering groups to enhance/improve facility availability
- Assure facility complies with all technical standards and service bulletins
BS Engineering (Mechanical preferred) with 1-3 years power plant experience or industrial experience. Energy from Waste experience a plus. Position requires excellent knowledge and training with Microsoft Excel, Power Point, Word, Microsoft Project. Working knowledge of conveying equipment and boilers coupled with project management skills including the ability to lead technicians, contractors, consultants, engineers, etc