Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Our focus is simple; We're innovators in cost-effective health care management, and when you join our team, you'll be a partner in impacting the lives of our customers, and employees. We've joined OptumHealth, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, and our mission is to help the health system work better for everyone. We're located on the banks of the beautiful Mississippi River in La Crosse, Wis., with a satellite office in Chicago and remote employees throughout the United States. We're supported by a national network of more than 25,000 medical and dental providers. Simply put, together we work toward a healthier tomorrow for everyone. Our team members are selected for their dedication and mission-driven focus. For you, that means one incredible team and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
In this role, you will assist in designing, developing and maintaining windows, web and web services based business software applications, systems, components and database objects using Microsoft .NET technologies based on requirements and specifications to support LHI's business operations as working alongside other Software Developers, Software Development Team Leads and Software Development Managers.
- Assist in development of VB.NET/C#, ASP.NET, Angular, Web API and SQL software programs and components per assigned tasks by team leads and other developers.
- Assist in debugging, testing, and troubleshooting written software programs and components.
- Participate in maintenance and support of LHI's software applications by assisting Configuration Analysts, Business Analysts, and Developers in troubleshooting and resolving software problems.
- Study training materials on .NET development, programming standards, application architecture, business processes, and functional areas of LHI's business applications.
- Document and communicate design, troubleshooting, testing and application code to others on work team.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Uprising Junior or Senior student working towards a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Computer Engineering or related field
- Must be able to work durning the upcoming Fall 2021 - Spring 2022 school year for this roleMust be able to work durning the upcoming Fall 2021 - Spring 2022 school year for this role
- Working knowledge of Visual Studio, VB.NET/C#, .NET Core, .NET Framework, ASP.NET ADO.NET
- Experience with SQL database applications
- Understanding of object oriented programming concepts
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without company sponsorship, now or in the future, for employment-based work authorization (F-1 students with practical training and candidates requiring H-1Bs, TNs, etc. will not be considered)
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination prior to employment to ensure compliance
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Optum, a part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, continues to evolve and make a bigger impact through its extensive expertise in combining technology, data and people to create novel health care solutions and services across the globe. OptumServe is following suit by creating and delivering care that meets the health needs of active duty service members, veterans and their families. We're partnering with federal and state government agencies to meet the readiness and health needs of active duty military members and veterans by providing preventive health screenings and assessments to ensure that troops are ready to answer the call of duty. For those who want to intensify their impact in a career that brings together challenge, learning and growth, OptumServe is the right place to do your life's best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Software Engineering, Intern, La Crosse, WI, Wisconsin