Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
The ABB's Process Industries team engineers and delivers automation solutions from device to monitoring and control, ensuring our customers get the most out of their investment.Our digitalization solutions help improve plant and enterprise productivity, while reducing maintenance and energy costs.Deep domain knowledge enables us to truly understand and address the challenges and opportunities of Industrial Automation.
Working with customers to ensure our products and systems provide maximum performance, our Service teams solve a wide variety of key industrial challenges.We increase productivity and reliability, lengthen product life span and improve safety. Critically, we also reduce costs, energy consumption and emissions.
The role reports to the Operations Manager and is located in Vancouver,Washington.As a Senior Drive Systems Service Engineer encompasses, support our growing drives business.Our systems are used in Pulp & Paper, Metals & Mining, and Cement industries.This position requires an individual with excellent troubleshooting skills, and a person with a strong technical background in drives and motors.The position requires 70% travel to service our demand based customers throughout the USA.The goal is to drive service success that improves customer satisfaction, maximizes customer retention and increases profitability. Your responsibilities
- Installation supervision according to manufacturer’s specifications of new equipment at customer sites.
- Interprets maintenance manuals, schematics, and software tools.
- Repairs equipment, utilizing knowledge of electronics and using test instruments, computers, and hand tools.
- Lead workers in servicing and repair of ABB & GE equipment.
- As required instruct customer in electrical theory and operation of ABB & GE Drives.
- Lead drive system commissioning projects.
- Consults with engineering personnel to resolve unusual problems in system operation and maintenance.
- Advise management regarding customer satisfaction,product performance and suggestions for product improvements.
- Learn ABB tools such as Drive Composer,Control Builder, GE Drive ToolBox,SAP,Concur,Outlook,Amex Travel.
More about us
- Bachelor's Degree in engineering and four (4) years of work experience with AC and DC drive systems.
- Candidates must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work for ABB in the US.
- Performing field service engineering for AC and DC coordinated drive systems; and using test equipment including Oscilloscopes, Data Loggers, PDMA motor testing, and CMC measurements Work with ABB & GE drive and control equipment is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree with Eight (8) years of experience is preferred.
- A special combination of education and experience must be demonstrated in the AC drives area.
- The candidate must be able to analyze and test system hardware and software performance applicable OEM(Original Equipment Manufacturer)integrated machines.
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762.
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to US-AskHR@abb.com. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.