To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Redding, CA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
News Anchor / Multimedia Journalist
Sinclair Broadcast Group • Redding, CA
Posted 20 days ago
Make your mark in Broadcasting and Digital Media. Sinclair Broadcast Group and Sinclair Digital Solutions are dedicated to making Sinclair a communications powerhouse! We are the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country. Sinclair owns and operates, programs or provides services to more television stations than anyone and has affiliations with all major networks. Sinclair Digital group is focused on bringing the most engaging content to web, mobile and over-the-top broadcasting to audiences all over the country! Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believe in a vision and are dedicated ensuring a great future for our employees. Whether you are an industry veteran or a just starting out, you can find it at Sinclair! We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team!
KRCR News Channel 7 has an exciting opportunity for a full time News Anchor/Multimedia Journalist to report for our early evening newscasts and co-anchor our late newscasts. The ideal candidate should have experience reporting and anchoring in a professional newsroom. We are looking for an enthusiastic team player with strong writing skills, a sharp wit, and the ability to execute compelling coverage during breaking news events. Our anchors are newsroom leaders with a passion for community involvement and representing KRCR News Channel 7 in the community.
Required Skills and Duties:
- Excellent communication skills
- Work with show producers on news content and format
- The ability to work in a team environment
- The ability to demonstrate enterprise reporting and creativity in story-telling
- Exemplary communication skills
- Attending community events and making appearances to community groups, schools, colleges on behalf of the station
- The ability to work under deadlines
- Ensures that all news content meets company standards for journalistic integrity and production quality
- Excellent writing skills
- Strong leadership abilities
- The ability to adlib during live news events and breaking news situations
- 2-5 years of previous reporting and anchoring experience is required
- Experience with social media platforms
- Experience writing news stories and producing
- Experience with live shots, interviews, and package stories
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!