Power the Possibilities
The CDK Global technology team is looking for collaborative innovators who are passionate about making their mark on emerging enterprise software products. We're building and developing cloud technology for the automotive retail industry
that will change the landscape for automotive dealers, original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) and the customers they serve.
Be Part of Something Bigger
Each year, more than three percent of the U.S. gross domestic product (GDP) is attributed to the auto industry, which flows through our customer, the auto dealer. It's time you joined an evolving marketplace where research and development
investment is measured in the tens of billions. It's time you were a part of something bigger.
We're expanding our workforce - engineers, architects, developers and more - onboarding early adopters who can optimize, pivot and keep pace with ever-evolving development roadmaps and applications.
Join Our Team
Growth potential, flexibility and material impact on the success and quality of a next-gen, enterprise software product make CDK an excellent choice for those who thrive in challenging, fast-paced engineering environments.
The possibilities for impact are endless. We have exceptional opportunities to evolve our industry by driving change through new technology.
If you're ready for high-impact, you're ready for CDK.
Accelerate Your Career
Drive global technology
With nearly $2 billion in revenues, CDK Global™ is the largest global provider of integrated information technology and digital marketing solutions to the automotive retail industry and adjacencies. CDK Global provides solutions in more than 100 countries around the world, serving more than 26,000 retail locations and most automotive manufacturers. CDK Global's solutions automate and integrate critical workflow processes from pre-sale targeted advertising and marketing campaigns through to the sale, financing, insurance, parts supply, repair & maintenance of vehicles, with increasing focus on utilizing data analytics and predictive intelligence. Visit cdkglobal.com.
We're large enough to make a difference but small enough for your voice to be heard. This means that we are an organization where every person matters. You can make an impact on the success of our business and that of our customers regardless of what career you decide to pursue.
(POSITION OPEN TO SAN JOSE/AUSTIN/CHICAGO)
Want to change how consumers shop for and buy cars? CDK Global Inc. is transforming the car retail industry to make the car-buying experience better for consumers as well as efficient for the car dealers. We are looking for a highly motivated, skilled and experienced engineer to help us realize the overall vision for our solutions at CDK. This job requires strong communication skills (interpersonal, written and spoken), a compulsive respect for deadlines, creative imagination, serious technical chops and an ability to roll with and contribute to a disciplined-but-entrepreneurial work environment.
Your key responsibilities:
- Supply and contribute insight that will help make tasks readable by team members and stake holders
- Drive design/implementation collaborating closely with appropriate Software Development Leadership, Architect(s)/Senior Engineers, Product, UX and Business.
- Balance the need for rapid change, with rigor around systems and architectural concerns.
- Implement practices that supports rapid development without compromising the quality.
- Ensure delivery of the requirements is on time and are quality changes (functionality, architecture, design, implementation, etc.).
- Build and maintain robust solutions and services, measuring, monitoring and ensuring security, availability, latency, performance and overall system health.
- Drive sustainable incident response, disaster recovery and blameless postmortems.
- Rapidly debug/resolve problems, optimize processes and automate routine tasks.
- Perform hands on analysis, design, development, testing, documentation, CI/CD and peer review, earnestly / respectfully coaching junior engineers in the team.
- Embrace a culture of technical excellence, continuous learning, continuous improvement, collaboration and innovation.
Who you are:
- Someone who is passionate about designing, implementing, analyzing and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems.
- Someone who methodically solves problems with a sense of ownership and drive.
- Someone who has the technical expertise and hands-on skills to partner with team members and be comfortable diving into the fray as and when needed.
- Someone who has the ability to work in a dynamic and hyper growth work environment.
- Someone who has the ability to thrive in a high-pressured but highly customer-oriented environment.
- Someone who has the ability to contribute to multiple projects/demands simultaneously.
- Someone who has the ability to grasp and assimilate unfamiliar technologies quickly and be comfortable implementing / evangelizing them.
Your Tech skills:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field with at least 5 years of programming experience, or a Master's degree and at least 2 years of programming experience; OR in lieu of bachelor's degree, at least 7 years of direct programming experience.
- Strong experience with PostgreSQL
- Develop Stored Procedures and Database Triggers and other database related activities in support of application development.
- Work with API developers to define simple yet powerful APIs
- Ability to efficiently write database code without compromising data quality, privacy or security
- NoSQL support in PostgreSQL
- Knowledge of JSON and PostgreSQL support for JSON
- Experience with message queuing, full text indexing, and other high performance data concepts
- Demonstrable experience working with huge, interdependent, complex datasets and data structures.
- Ensure efficiency of database code, integrity of data structures and quality of data content.
- Develop and improve procedures for automated monitoring and proactive intervention, reducing any need downtime.
- Participate in application development projects and be responsible for the database modelling
- Good practitioner of unit and integration testing.
- Experience with Git, Atlassian stack.
- Experience with log aggregation/dashboarding, monitoring and alerting systems.
Why a career with CDK Global?
We demand diversity. Our people may be spread across countries, continents and cultures, but we're united by a passion and enthusiasm to drive our business forward. This means no matter where you work you'll feel like part of our global team. Diverse backgrounds, ideas and experiences are the only way to deliver world-class service to our customers. Our differences are our strengths.
Your Benefits: To help us attract and retain the best, we pay people according to performance, not length of service. We will also help you grow your career, not only through focused investment in learning and development but also by enabling you to explore the exciting opportunities our global market has to offer.
The perfect opportunity awaits. Start your career with CDK Global.
CDK Global knows you have passions outside of work. You have family, friends, sporting events, and lots of things going on. That's why we offer a comprehensive benefits package to not only take care of you but your family as well. All of our benefits are effective the first day of employment including 401K matching, paid time off to re-energize, donate your time to volunteer in your community, and tuition reimbursement to name a few.
At CDK, we pride ourselves on having a diverse workforce. We value and celebrate the uniqueness of individuals and the different perspectives they provide. We offer equal opportunity employment regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, or protected veteran status.