Manager, Data Architecture
Main Office: Off Site (MOO) OVERVIEW
The Manager, Data Architecture is responsible for the growth & management of a team of developers & engineers who build & implement modern data warehouse solutions to support BI processes & procedures for the company. They're a hands-on leader who works in close collaboration with data teams, business users, & project teams, to design, develop, & refine modern data strategies and solutions that strategically align to the BI, data & analytics needs across the portfolio. JOB DUTIES
- Coordinates team member selection and development and ensures team members comply with appropriate policies and procedures.
- Adheres to Suns Timekeeping Policy by reviewing, verifying accuracy, approving and submitting direct report(s) time recorded.
- Partners with Team Relations on team member counseling and recommendation of termination when appropriate.
- Conducts team member performance reviews and recommends compensation adjustments.
- Oversees the design, development, & implementation of a new, upgraded Azure data platform including enterprise data lake & data warehouse in alignment with strategic objectives & organizational goals
- Identifies & implements continuing improvements to maintain the highest level of integrity & accessibility for ongoing data needs
- Develops & maintains relationships with architects, developers, project teams, vendors, & business experts to ensure data management solutions are supported
- Obtains a thorough understanding of Suns data & current-state data warehouse structures to complete analysis & identify dependencies & opportunities for improvement
- Works in close collaboration with business experts, developers, analysts & project teams to understand data requirements, integration needs, constraints, & performance requirements
- Oversees the creation of technical & design documentation that is thorough, accessible & continuously maintained
- Collaborates with business leaders & the BI team to develop & implement data governance & data management strategies
- Ensures data management platform & structure maintains compliance with industry best practices, SOX & other compliance requirements, SOD, audit logging, & data risk management
- Continues to build Suns enterprise data lake & data warehouse using Azure data platform technologies including Databricks, Azure Data Factory, Azure Synapse, & APIs
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Data Management, Information Technology, Computer Science or related (Required)
- 6 years of related work experience in data architecture, data management & development
- 3 years experience with database redesign & transition
- 2 years leadership experience and direct oversight of team members in a medium-large, diverse organization
- Hands-on design & development experience with multiple data technologies, including data warehouse, big data, data integration & ETL
- Familiarity with data exploration/data visualization tools like Tableau, PowerBI, Looker, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to translate complex technical language & communicate concepts & problems into understandable terms
- Prior experience in manufactured housing or real estate industry (Preferred)
- Prior experience with NetSuite, SAP, &/or Salesforce (Preferred)
- 6 years experience in database technologies - SQL Server, Oracle, SAP, etc. (Required)
- Advanced knowledge of database development & data management technologies, application development & data integration technologies
- 2 years of experience with modern data platform & Big Data architecture using tools - Azure Databricks, Data Factory, Synapse, Data Lake & Data Warehouse (Required)
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with & advise senior leadership
At Sun Communities, you will be part of an industry-leading organization where you will be challenged, inspired, rewarded and transformed. We place a high priority on our team members, and this is a big part of what sets us apart. We will ask you to give us your very best every day, and will challenge you with interesting work, stretch assignments, a collaborative and supportive work environment and plenty of learning and growth. In exchange, we will reward you with great pay, advancement opportunities, paid time off, great benefits, and flexibility.
- Comprehensive Medical and Prescription coverage with 4plan optionsso you can choose the plan that best meets the needs of you and your family
- Comprehensive Dental and Vision Plans
- On-Site Fitness Center with Free Personal Training & Group Fitness Classes
- Voluntary Health and Dependent Care Reimbursement Accounts
- Life,Accidental Death &Dismemberment Insurance and Dependent Life
- Short and Long-Term Disability Coverage
- 401(k) Plan with Sun matching contribution
- Employee Assistance Program
- Identity Theft Insurance
- Legal Assistance Plan
- Pet Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement program providing financial support to team members who further their formal education
- Vacation RV Site Discounts for team members when visiting SunRV Resorts across the nation
- Team Member Perks & Discounts program with hundreds of discounts on things like travel, merchandise, mobile phone service, and more
- Up to six weeks of paid parental leave for the birth of achild, adoption, or placement of a child
- Free Virtual 1:1 Tutoring for the children of Sun Team Members
- Paid Time Off including ten holidays, vacation, personal, sick time, bereavement and pay for jury duty
Apply for aCorporate Headquarters (HQ)
position, located in the Metro Detroit, Michigan
Join our Talent Community and explore Corporate Headquarters jobs
at Sun Communities. ACCESSIBILITY ASSISTANCE
If you are an individual with a disability and need assistance completing an online application, please contact us at (844) SUN-4343. Alternatively, an email may be sent to [ Email address blocked ] - Click here to apply to Manager, Data Architecture
. "Applicant Accommodation" should be included in the subject line of the email.
Please note that this phone number and email address are only for those individuals who would like to request an accommodation to apply for a job.
- Audit Trail
- Azure Data Factory
- Big Data